šŸ„ Health Workout chat

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Crossed the 1,000 mile mark tonight. Not bad for having started in April.

0C896530-1C1E-4CF6-8F74-B18700BFA26C.png

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've been lazy, 2 weeks gym membersship, lifted once (monday) - got there at 630am and it was busy as fuck. google hours said it would be busier at 730 but it was a little better.

only done muay thai 2x in that time too. which really is more boxing here, like the last class had 0 kicks. i have also only done punches and pads with students holding them since leaving thailand; where even day 1 you have full instructor held pad sessions and do tons of kicks. i miss muay thai in thailand a fucking lot. i believe there is zero clinch work practiced ever here, and that a guy from thailand would come and just destroy everyone here as a result, not that m/t is popular here - boxing is of course, where i see tons of people in parks doing, including tons of women. the ufc gym has a bunch of bags, but no mats on the floor for kicks, seems the place is just set for boxing too.

been eating *fucktons* of cheeseburgers on a best burger search. i walk everywhere which is the only reason i'm getting fatter instead of super fatter. hit 50k yesterday, peak, my feet are in need of a massage today. perhaps new shoes.

241731068_10109089718074219_4412296100342590470_n.jpeg

241738285_10109089717914539_3557398313951221961_n.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Full week of new routine in. It's a bitch in some places...lol......So I thought this was funny, one of our supersets is dead lifts 4x10 and 4x10 of stepping off a bench, landing on both feet them jumping straight up. Yea it looks weird. Some old hard guys where looking at us and kind of laughing. Well after the second set we are both pouring sweat. And those guys are kind of looking at us with a bit more interest. After the 4th set we definitely had their attention. Wasn't as strange as they thought at first....lol

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
unf. we did kicks in muay thai for the first time out here, and i held pads - with little instruction - and it's easy to fuck that up 50 ways. my partner wasn't even kicking that hard, but i got jacked up something serious. actually at the time i was fine, felt normal, recall finishing the day off with 30 push ups, etc. 6 hours later my rear left shoulder was hurting, then i had a rough night's sleep with plenty of pain. basically a constant sensation, usually pain, in rear back left back/shoulder area. i can't even hold my head up straight, as it is tensing up some muscle/tendon/ligament or something that is hella sensitive.

dunno how long i'll have to take off muay thai, or most anything, sucks from going from 20k+ daily fitbit steps to it now being a pain in the ass to just even go out and grab a quick coffee. eg. my head is cocked to the side, i can only turn it left so much, half the time holding my arm as if it's in a sling to avoid the pain of just walking around, etc.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
unf. we did kicks in muay thai for the first time out here, and i held pads - with little instruction - and it's easy to fuck that up 50 ways. my partner wasn't even kicking that hard, but i got jacked up something serious. actually at the time i was fine, felt normal, recall finishing the day off with 30 push ups, etc. 6 hours later my rear left shoulder was hurting, then i had a rough night's sleep with plenty of pain. basically a constant sensation, usually pain, in rear back left back/shoulder area. i can't even hold my head up straight, as it is tensing up some muscle/tendon/ligament or something that is hella sensitive.

dunno how long i'll have to take off muay thai, or most anything, sucks from going from 20k+ daily fitbit steps to it now being a pain in the ass to just even go out and grab a quick coffee. eg. my head is cocked to the side, i can only turn it left so much, half the time holding my arm as if it's in a sling to avoid the pain of just walking around, etc.
God Damn, that blows (but its funny at the same time). Hope you heal up quickly.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i've been lazy, 2 weeks gym membersship, lifted once (monday) - got there at 630am and it was busy as fuck. google hours said it would be busier at 730 but it was a little better.

only done muay thai 2x in that time too. which really is more boxing here, like the last class had 0 kicks. i have also only done punches and pads with students holding them since leaving thailand; where even day 1 you have full instructor held pad sessions and do tons of kicks. i miss muay thai in thailand a fucking lot. i believe there is zero clinch work practiced ever here, and that a guy from thailand would come and just destroy everyone here as a result, not that m/t is popular here - boxing is of course, where i see tons of people in parks doing, including tons of women. the ufc gym has a bunch of bags, but no mats on the floor for kicks, seems the place is just set for boxing too.

been eating *fucktons* of cheeseburgers on a best burger search. i walk everywhere which is the only reason i'm getting fatter instead of super fatter. hit 50k yesterday, peak, my feet are in need of a massage today. perhaps new shoes.

View attachment 99755

View attachment 99756
50,000 steps ?Thatā€™s over 20 miles !

• Wow
Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So I took a de-load week last week and stayed out of the gym. The last month or so, only been averaging 2-3 days a week.
Figured the next 90 days, I'm gonna go hard and hit the gym 4-5 days a week and incorporate some cardio as well.
Decided to start cutting this week as I would like to lose about 30lbs before we go to Mexico in January.
Hit the gym hard 4 days this week and kept my calories at 2500 or below all week, daily macros were 200ish of protein, 175ish carbs and under 100 fat.
I gained 5lbs since last Friday, same scale, same time of weigh in.
What gives, is it probably just water weight?

Edit: Gained 5lbs not 7
Just got home, and ate nothing yet today, but had a large black coffee and 3 bottles of water between 5am and now.
I'm down 2lbs from 5am, lmmfao

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i haven't had a shake for a while. got quite sick/bored of them; it's more calories but the ice cream and brownies and pancakes and such has all been fun to play with and make, albeit more effort. 200g in a day at 2500cal is a pretty solid day!
Shakes do get old after a month or so. But I get creative with them when they start getting old.
Here was one of my days per My Fitness Pal, and this isnt the same every day, just using as an example

2 shakes: 96g protein, 16g carbs, 4g fat
Whole can of tuna: 22g protein, 1g fat/added miracle whip, mustard whip and pickles as well
whole wheat 4 slices for my tuna: 14g protein, 50g carbs, 3g fat
2 chicken breasts: 72g protein, 0g carbs, 3g fat
3 mini slim jims: 6g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat
I also had a few cuties (oranges) and a mini snickers or 2

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Shakes do get old after a month or so. But I get creative with them when they start getting old.
Here was one of my days per My Fitness Pal, and this isnt the same every day, just using as an example

2 shakes: 96g protein, 16g carbs, 4g fat
Whole can of tuna: 22g protein, 1g fat/added miracle whip, mustard whip and pickles as well
whole wheat 4 slices for my tuna: 14g protein, 50g carbs, 3g fat
2 chicken breasts: 72g protein, 0g carbs, 3g fat
3 mini slim jims: 6g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat
I also had a few cuties (oranges) and a mini snickers or 2

ahhh i think the big difference between my diet and yours when shooting for that area of protein is i don't do nearly as much via shakes, even when i did use them! maybe 60 protein max those times.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info