šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Taking a week off with the holiday and my leg hurting for no good reason.
Its good to take a week off (deload) every few months. With my insane work schedule this week, I didnt lift at all this week.
Will be back in the gym Monday and after a deload week, the next week I really kick ass at the gym. Feel soooo much stronger after a week off.

Reactions: Aircal

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Good day for a bike ride. Time to head back to Starol Cream.
E517C341-DD4C-4A6E-A0C6-13D72EED5CF5.jpg
3D94EE0E-43AB-4093-A740-5287FEA921D3.jpg
8943929C-DD32-4CF2-BB50-EED96FD9D92A.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My ass hurts just looking at that.
Frequent stops. Whether I was feeling it or not, every few miles I would hop of the bike and stretch. I also have a padded saddle and wear the biker shorts under a pair or workout shorts. But yeah, first few rides of the year and I was quite saddle sore.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
picked up an air fryer. pretty solid.

i usually do some sweet corn with my triple cheeseburgers, calories wise still the way to go - but i have a tomato/chicken/vegetable dumped on fries meal that calorie wise is not too bad, and the fries come out pretty well in it. burnt the first batch but doing well on the second. half the fat of frying them normally i believe is the standard.

bought some cauliflower but i think it was bad. had some broccoli. tossed on a little oil, salt, some pinches of flour and frank's red hot buffalo sauce, fry 4 min, shake, fry 4 more. pretty damn tasty/quick/easy and low calorie.

also have tried making some protein brownies lately. first was in a bowl, with egg, cooked a bit too long in the microwave. next 2 have been in the air fryer; no egg; actually using diet coke. you can look up 'ridiculous brownies' and find some of the diet coke recipes, i'm still tweaking mine. first one a bit undercooked, the one today maybe a little too long; hard to do with my circular bowl in my air fryer; best if you have a larger volume unit and can put a square or rectangle dish in it so the brownie is the same depth all over.

in any case, this one was my best yet. pretty big; 167g. my thai 7-11 has chocolate brownies/muffins/cakes/lava cakes 50 to 78 grams, 200-340 calories. my heavy boy, with berries, was 270 calories with 26g of protein. actually used coke zero, would prefer to try with a diet root beer, the only diet pop of any type at my 7-11 is coke zero though. cooked a little too long, toughest execution part so far. also i think i need some more sweetener (am using monk fruit)

7SrfbYt.jpg

Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
MTB #1 complete

Taking a break from weights.
Yesterday while cutting the lawn, I bounced, twisted, lightening bolt of pain, right middle back. Immediately I thought I was done for and was gonna have to lie down. It subsided but ached.

Thus, we're heading out of town Wed, back July 2.
Thus, I probably won't lift till 7/3.

In any event, I hope you all are feeling Solid

?????

Reactions: SHARKBITEATTACK

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my muay thai is not great, but where it is even more undeveloped is clinch work and sweeping - did some more with that today and got dropped and fell like a bag of bricks a couple times. my partner had taken bjj and other shit and fell a lot more elegantly the few times i actually got him, the first time i went down hard, a couple other times better, the last one real fucking hard lol.

i will miss thailand for the routine. i'm between a 2 minute walk or 2 minute scooter ride to fresh groceries, the weights gym, and the muay thai gym.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
been doing a lot of mini rides this season and this has been the longest so far. Finally building up some stamina where I donā€™t feel sore AF the next day.
View attachment 93384

hoping to do another 10-15 today!
Go do the Great Western Trail from STC to Sycamore. With the exception of the bridges for crossing the streets it doesn't exceed a 1% grade. Once you get a few miles from the trail head/park there are almost no other cyclists or pedestrians to deal with, so you can just chill and ride.

At 7.5 miles in, just west of 47 at the Lily Lake Fire Station #3 is a water fountain in case you need to refill or top off.

Edit: I have pretty much all the benches, bathrooms, and water fountains marked on my Garmin Edge 130, so I know where they all are. I've ridden that trail at least 15-20 times now.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
has anyone gone somewhere like this (or suggestions on cheaper etc) to get some scans done?

these guys have packages you can share as well. would be interesting to get a real RMR, vO2 max, and get a dexa scan too.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info