OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Sometimes thats a good thing.
Definitely is. It was half excuse half busy and tired. Lifts are strong today though which is a bonus.

fuck, I used to wake up at 5 on Saturday to hit the gym hard as fuck then drive out to the city and drink all day on my boat, repeat on Sunday but with a hangover. Work a 13hr day? Fuck it, heavy deadlifts for another 1-2hrs after Iā€™m off.

now itā€™s like if my ass hits the couch more than 3 minutes, Iā€™m done.

different motivations though. Not chasing strange or hanging out with my shirt off all day any more. Itā€™s more about stress relief, feeling good (enough) about my physique and general health bennies.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Monday: International Chest Day - Light Triceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Tuesday: Back - Light Biceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Wednesday: Legs or Squats and Deadlift
Thursday: Shoulders - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Friday: Arms - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Saturday/Sunday: Cardio

This is my ideal setup. I don't always follow this like I should but I'm getting better at trying to stay on it.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What's your guyses perfect weekly lay out?

I think I like

Chest Monday's
Leg tuesdays
Arms Wednesday
Back/abs Thursday
No shoulder day?

I really dont follow a pattern with the exception of chest is the first thing I do to start the week. So if thats Saturday, Monday or Tuesday I always prefer to start the week with chest.
Other than that, I work every body part separate, on separate days. Shoulders, Legs, Bi's/Tri's and back all get there own day. Lately I been basing it off what the least amount of people are working on at the gym. If I go in thinking its back day, and everyone is working back but very few doing legs. Then I'll make it a leg day. I do abs randomly, probably not as much as I should considering how important your core is to other lifts

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Monday: International Chest Day - Light Triceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Tuesday: Back - Light Biceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Wednesday: Legs or Squats and Deadlift
Thursday: Shoulders - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Friday: Arms - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Saturday/Sunday: Cardio

This is my ideal setup. I don't always follow this like I should but I'm getting better at trying to stay on it.
Body needs rest bro, should take a least 1 day if not 2 days off a week. I'd be willing to bet you that the 1-2 mile run prior to lifting is hurting your lifts.
I'll walk for 10-15 min at 3mph to warm up. When I'm doing cardio, I always do it after lifting.

Reactions: SirMarco

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Body needs rest bro, should take a least 1 day if not 2 days off a week. I'd be willing to bet you that the 1-2 mile run prior to lifting is hurting your lifts.
I'll walk for 10-15 min at 3mph to warm up. When I'm doing cardio, I always do it after lifting.

I should do cardio after I lift. I've heard that is better.

My weekend cardio typically isn't going to the gym though. I should have put that in there. It can be spent racing at the track, riding trails or skate parks, kayaking in the summer, etc.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I should do cardio after I lift. I've heard that is better.

My weekend cardio typically isn't going to the gym though. I should have put that in there. It can be spent racing at the track, riding trails or skate parks, kayaking in the summer, etc.
I'm not an expert by any means, but do read a lot. Yes everyone suggests cardio like your doing should be done after lifting.
Also over time just people watching at the gym, lot of the people that are in really good shape do it after as well.

Reactions: SirMarco

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Cause don't you want to space out things like chest and arms?

It's so confusing... Or should one train chest/tris together
It doesnā€™t matter, like at all.

80/20 rule.

Consistently training will give you better results than having an ā€œidealā€ routine. Put your effort into the simple stuff.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Good Morning,

A good friend of mine is transitioning to the online world. Martin has been doing fitness and nutrition since 2000 so if you are looking for someone to guide you virtually I appreciate you taking a look:

or you can follow him on Instagram or Facebook:

Strictly Muscles (@strictlymuscles) ā€¢ Instagram photos and videos
Facebook

He just released a video series about gaining weight while traveling... Yeah you do need to drop some contact information to get access to it:

Questions feel free to reach out to me.... Otherwise we now resume your regularly scheduled content!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
one of the many things my thai trainers will make fun of me for is not having a high kick. i ain't that flexible, and after 6 months of training, seriously i'm still working on the technique of just a normal body kick. in any case, i told him not having a high kick is ok, because i am only going to fight children.

today we had 3 thai kids at the gym, not the rough life crazy daily workout where families give up their kid to go live at the gym kinda thing, but just some local muay thai kids on the island i guess. in any case they were doing pretty good bag work. i would guesstimate ages 10-13? at the end we did sparring, but boxing only. i could cheat a bit here as, y'know, my arm is like twice as long as the kid i was with. kid was still punching me in the head plenty.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Nope just a tall lanky bastard that likes to ego lift lol
Ego is exactly my problem as well while lifting lol. Finally hit 405 on flat bench 2 weeks ago. Automatically started thinking about chasing 495 lol
I'm not going to though, I'm 45 and starting to fall apart.
I've dead lifted and squatted 495 (really 500 as I did put 2-2.5 plates on it lol) a few years back. The DL was with wrist straps though, Ive hit 405 without them. I rarely DL anymore and when I do, I keep it light and stopped squatting all together.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Ego is exactly my problem as well while lifting lol. Finally hit 405 on flat bench 2 weeks ago. Automatically started thinking about chasing 495 lol
I'm not going to though, I'm 45 and starting to fall apart.
I've dead lifted and squatted 495 (really 500 as I did put 2-2.5 plates on it lol) a few years back. The DL was with wrist straps though, Ive hit 405 without them. I rarely DL anymore and when I do, I keep it light and stopped squatting all together.

I was being a smart ass, I like to train as a powerlifter vs typical bodybuilding style workouts. I follow different programs from Sheiko. 95% of the workouts are Squat, bench, or deadlift and then the other 5% are accessory lifts associated with the compound movements. I know from videos taken that my form is good to go, just need to build up my strength to go along with my weight(255-265). Contemplated on just trying a minor oral steriod cycle to just see what might happen next training block after a deload after this week

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Gonna do a mock meet later today... previous prs were 455 squat, 325 or 330bench, and a 525 deadlift. Hoping to see a 475 squat, 335-340bench and a 540+ deadlift

Ended up going 475 on squat, 335 on bench (screwed myself by overtraining tris the other day and they were not recovered at all), and hit a 550 deadlift at a 260 body weight. Overall pretty satisfied with this training block and actually might contemplate just doing a powerlifting meet sometime this year

• Wow

Thread Info