šŸ„ Health Workout chat

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have a 2015 Trek FX 7.3 22.5". Think new it was around $700 but got a screaming deal on it for low $500's after my 2013 FX 7.3 was stolen.

I really like the bike and can see why they hold value. However with mine I've been having issues with both the front and rear derailer since day 1 (Shimano). Been back to the store a few times and can never seem to get it right. We looked up the parts between the 2013 and 2015 and they're identical. So no one can figure out why I have this chronic issue. But other than that, which I have learned to ride around, it's a solid bike.

Didn't think about it much when I got it, but in hindsight wish I had spent the extra money on the disc brakes. Unfortunately mine can't be fitted with them retroactively.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Duo today. Pretty chill very humid.

55B10BFC-5781-49CC-99F6-96DC355700CC.jpeg

2856D3CC-5D63-4055-A1ED-403BE0E8DD21.jpeg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I have been looking for a nice used bike for months. People want like $400-$600 for a 10yr old Trek FX or Specialized Sirrus
I'd pay that for something a few years old, but not 10yrs

Yeah, Fuck that.
My 11 year old Felt retailed @ $899

I bought brand new $500.

My Brothers pal owns a bike shop, no one wanted the color

20200622_092443.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Ya, I might not even fire the scoot today.
I'm debating if I want to try to find a destination or route to ride this coming weekend with it forecast to be 90-92Ā°. Like riding in a blast furnace. Beats riding in 20Ā° temps though, and seat time is seat time.

Question for the workout champs... any good exercises for thickening up your neck? Like the actual circumference of it?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I'm debating if I want to try to find a destination or route to ride this coming weekend with it forecast to be 90-92Ā°. Like riding in a blast furnace. Beats riding in 20Ā° temps though, and seat time is seat time.

Question for the workout champs... any good exercises for thickening up your neck? Like the actual circumference of it?

Man, seriously never thought about thickening my neck.

I'm always cautious with regards to anything that could strain my neck, spine etc

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, my neurologist friend said to be very careful with the cervical area. However I need to strengthen it to see if it reduced my tinnitus, and helps an issue with a possibly torn levator muscle. The side benefits would be making it easier to buy fitted shirts (skinny neck, long arms), and fill in the gap between my next and the padded collar in my helmet to reduce wind noise, lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
By looking at all of your bike riding maps it appears at least a few of you guys live by me. In any event, do any of you go to Lifetime in Bloomingdale? I got an email that they opened back up but I don't think I am ready to go back to the gym quite yet, and curious if anyone has ventured there and what the operation is?
I used to go there, but cancelled my membership after 20 years. Yeah, signed up before that location was even built.. Fees were just too high for too little, and almost no one knew how to follow set rules, guidelines, or consideration.

Ended up at Planet Fitness a block north for $10/mo. No pool or classes but I never used them anyways. I'm just there for cardio and strength training. No idea if they have opened up again or not.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I used to go there, but cancelled my membership after 20 years. Yeah, signed up before that location was even built.. Fees were just too high for too little, and almost no one knew how to follow set rules, guidelines, or consideration.

Ended up at Planet Fitness a block north for $10/mo. No pool or classes but I never used them anyways. I'm just there for cardio and strength training. No idea if they have opened up again or not.

Yeah it is a little pricey but I do use the pool and the kids facilities/activities for my daughter, so that balances it out for me. Otherwise I would just go to something like that as well and save the money for myself.
Thanks for the insight

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Fuck it feels so good to be back in the gym. Dead lifting for the first time in months felt so damn foreign and I even slammed the bar off my knees. I feel my mood is getting better though, now I need to clean up the diet.

Now for my rant. The elderly people in the gym are really bothering me. They are most at risk here and don't need a gym to walk around. I mean like really old, 75+. This guy was there today wearing a button up, collared shirt and work out pants with no mask and no regard for social distance. Stay the fuck home guy.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info