šŸ„ Health Workout chat

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I've been struggling to keep active too. I've been working from home since March 16th. Haven't been to the gym in over 3 weeks now and I've been struggling to exercise at home, other than doing 60 - 100 pushups a day. As weather gets a little warmer I'm going to force myself to go running, which I hate lol. Prior to everything shutting down, I was playing men's league hockey 1-2 times a week and then hitting the elliptical at the gym 1-2 times per week, after lifting.

So far my weight has been consistent while on self quarantine. I haven't been eating as much and have been good about keeping alcohol intake minimal.

my chicago gym has a few people instagramming, but the hot filipina instructors from my stair climber class there are a lot more fun to watch. anyone one did a 1000 sit up challenge and did them in 45 minutes. srsly f that. i know my tailbone skin is gnawed up by 100 and getting there ain't a fun time, i can't imagine banging out 1000.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Power Bang, breathing deep

20200401_103037.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Have any of you seen what workout equipment is selling for on Offerup and CL lately? Bowflex adjustable dumbbells that adjust from 5lbs-52.5lbs going for $700 and up. Saw a guy today selling a barbell with 2-35lbs plates for like $300. Average cost of plates in the past were like .75-$1.00 per lb used. Now I dont see anything under $2 per lb, lol. All my buddies want to come work out in my basement, not happening.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Been consistent since the gym has been closed

Back, arms, legs today, bench, triceps etc earlier this week, been walking over a mile every day.

Down 15 lbs, not by choice...
But it's fine as I probably don't need to be 230lbs

:rofl:
I havenā€™t done anything and Iā€™ve gained your 15lbs, I think Iā€™m alike 240ish right now, I actually think I might do a transformation deal either starting next week or the Monday after itā€™s just hard for me to want to workout without actual weight to lift

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Really starting to debate if I should order a small power rack. Iā€™ve got space in my garage, I have one of the two spots in my shared garage. My half is about 1.75 cats wide.

Starting to be unsure gyms will even open in the next 2-3 months. Even then itā€™s probably going to be a limited number of people or have to reserve a time to get in there.

shipping on anything fitness related Iā€™ve see is a min of 14-21 days out.

Reactions: Spivitz

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Really starting to debate if I should order a small power rack. Iā€™ve got space in my garage, I have one of the two spots in my shared garage. My half is about 1.75 cats wide.

Starting to be unsure gyms will even open in the next 2-3 months. Even then itā€™s probably going to be a limited number of people or have to reserve a time to get in there.

giphy.gif

Regular
Jan 23, 2016

I was able to get a Hulkfit rack for $499 from Amazon right at the start of the stay home order. I think they have gone up in price, if they are even available. Now everything is super expensive and takes weeks to ship. Iā€™ve been spending about $1.65-$1.75/ lb for plates on offer up. I lucked up on some bowflex 5-52 lb adjustables for $500. I donā€™t think Iā€™m going back to the gym now. I have too much invested at home and there is no risk of getting sick.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have been consistent for the past few weeks getting into my basement to use equipment. I attribute my inconsistency to not having a plan and almost having too many options. It was almost like paralysis trying to decide what to do the day of, I made the adjustment and am keeping things simple. I also have been walking and biking most days, these are not musts in terms of which one I do, but more of what Iā€™m feeling. In addition to doing all of that I make it a point to hop in the sauna right after my workouts and do 40-50 minutes in there. I have been feeling great.

Good to see you guys still getting after it.

Thread Info