šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Chest and biceps for 99 minutes this morning. Went heavy on all chest incline work and light on biceps. By the end, I couldnā€™t even do 3 reps with 2 plates on the incline chest machine. I tried keeping my heart rate between 110-120 the whole time so my rest between sets were very short. Canā€™t remember the last time I went in like that. Had a protein shake and a banana when I got home. 2.5hrs later ate a piece of the breakfast casserole I froze after we made it last month. 2hrs later had oatmeal, 2hrs after that ate a huge plate of leftover pasta from last night and Iā€™m still hungry lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Chest and biceps for 99 minutes this morning. Went heavy on all chest incline work and light on biceps. By the end, I couldnā€™t even do 3 reps with 2 plates on the incline chest machine. I tried keeping my heart rate between 110-120 the whole time so my rest between sets were very short. Canā€™t remember the last time I went in like that. Had a protein shake and a banana when I got home. 2.5hrs later ate a piece of the breakfast casserole I froze after we made it last month. 2hrs later had oatmeal, 2hrs after that ate a huge plate of leftover pasta from last night and Iā€™m still hungry lol.
Serious calorie burning!

Reactions: Shawn1112

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I finally feel like I've been really consistent with working out. I've been going now for almost a month 4-6 days a week of solid lifting. I've now added cardio back into the swing riding our Peloton again. I've been doing a 10 mile ride every day now. Today was leg day. I was feeling real good in the squat rack setting out 315 today until my right knee started acting up. I wanted to up the weight a bit more but didn't want to push an already issue knee.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Went to work out with my son. Charter has this unlock door app. Rushing because its blowing cold. Door opens I step sideways, catch my foot on the frozen folded in half door mat. Slammed hard to the ground. Took like 3 guys to get me up because I was disoriented and couldn't get my leg under me.
Feels fine thankfully.

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Banging out chest FTW ???

20221228_091935.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Back and 25 min of cardio this morning.

So there is this dude at the gym I met about 2 months ago. He is one of those guys who "I was benching 575 for 20 sets with 10 of them pause reps when I was 40, I can curl 120lb dumbells" he is 54 iirc. All he does is talk about how he did this and how he did that, 100% full of shit. The weight numbers he throws out there are just not common denominations if that makes sense for you guys that work out. He claims he is married, has kids, and grandkids but I think the MFer might have some sugar in his tank (gay). He comes up to me this morning and says when I met you 2 months ago, you were flabby but I could tell you were strong AF, now your tightening up and getting thick in a good way. I told him, I only worked out maybe a half dozen times over 4 months and now that I'm back to a regular routine maybe I'm starting to show results. This MFer must have told me practically the same shit 5-6 more times within a hour SMFH.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I always eat then shower after gym at home then go to bed. I usually work out late 8pmish. Usually warm. Cant do hot or cold. I do make an effort to eat bananas and alot of water day after. I usually go every other day. Ive been back on a pretty good 4 routine rotation since I got back from Germany mid Sept.

Got A.B.C.D. routines I could break down sometime on here.

Im only 175#s but goal is for shorts to NOT fit by summer and get back to 315 bench.

My jeans already look like doucher skinny jeans since I never used to really do legs just run. Now its cardio and solid leg days.

I really do need some new jeans.....:rofl: "range of motion" is tightening up if you get what I mean......

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I got it in this morning, went crazy on reps, minimal rest between reps. Never let my heartbeat dip below 100 between sets.
Incline bench dumbbells all sets of 10, a total of 150 reps
3-sets each of 100lb, 90lb, and 80lb
2-sets each of 70lb, 60lb, and 50lb

Followed that up with 4 sets of 10, 30lb dumbbell flies, and finished up with 3 sets of 10 at 160lbs on the pec deck machine.
25 min of cardio before I left, 2 min jog at 6mph, 2 min walk at 3mph on a 2% incline for 5 sets, then a 5 min cool down at 3mph at 0% incline

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Just banged out a push workout at lunch.

Incline Dumbbell Press
Arnold Press
Chest Fly Machine
Cable Lat raises
EZ Bar Reverse Curls
Rope Pushdown

Currently working to create a schedule to try and be more consistent with my lifts.
I'm still doing PPL, usually 5 days a week, but have been and currently just walk in and hit whatever I feel like / whatever is open for the day which isn't optimal.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
"Bicep focused" pull day

Seated Preacher Curls
Wide Grip Cable Rows
Incline Dumbbell Curl
Hammer Curls
High Machine Row
Straight Bar Cable Curl

Getting frustrated AF not going to lie.
On a cut and it's a constant battle between eating enough to build muscle, but still staying in a deficit to lean out. It's super tough to do both at the same time.

Thread Info