Aug 16, 2005
Half Baked Boo GIF

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Been wanting a sled for pulls, but not wanting to spend that sled money. I had a base built already for something else so I decided to use that for the sled. Not super ideal as it was a perfect square (it should be longer) but Iā€™m not pushing it, just doing backward and forward walks dragging it. If I want to push it I might add a little extension ski.

Did 800 yards worth of pulls today, was awesome and legs were telling me to fuck off towards the end.

3F1D1FD6-DDE3-4A45-99BE-1179208F00F7.jpeg

4D96FE49-186F-4A16-9362-C8E6F52C36B8.jpeg

EC2A2489-E5A1-4CD5-AB09-87A864208770.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Another sled workout, my OCD didnā€™t like the 800 yards so today I lowered the weight to ~ 120 lbs (thatā€™s including the sled) and did 1000 yards. This thing makes your inner bitch come out a lot when the lactic acid is just filling your legs and you are only halfway across the field. Thereā€™s no coasting, you stop it fucking stops ??

883B10C1-C5DA-4B04-9790-10A8ABA4402D.jpeg

5D645A78-8147-46B7-8198-55A64042D1B8.jpeg

EE5E5267-7DE3-4456-8E6B-C38B5A52A8B8.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
  • Haha
Reactions: cdh027 and greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What did you spend on material greasy greasy?

Iā€™ve been wanting a sled for drags but canā€™t get myself to buy one.

I maybe have $100 into it for materials, but it is hard to say because I had everything just laying around with the exception of the 1/8" x 4" steel plate for the skis. That was around $40 for 2 - 48" pieces. There are for sure options you can buy in that price range, probably not as much of a tank as the thing I built.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I maybe have $100 into it for materials, but it is hard to say because I had everything just laying around with the exception of the 1/8" x 4" steel plate for the skis. That was around $40 for 2 - 48" pieces. There are for sure options you can buy in that price range, probably not as much of a tank as the thing I built.
Hustling Cash Money GIF

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Dug around at work for scrap this morning. Iā€™ve got enough to cobble one together from entirely stainless :bowrofl: almost no mild steel here. I have a 4x6 sheet of 1/2ā€ HDPE to toss on the bottom of it too so it wonā€™t rip up my driveway. Project for the week.

Thanks for the inspiration! Pics when itā€™s done

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Dug around at work for scrap this morning. Iā€™ve got enough to cobble one together from entirely stainless :bowrofl: almost no mild steel here. I have a 4x6 sheet of 1/2ā€ HDPE to toss on the bottom of it too so it wonā€™t rip up my driveway. Project for the week.

I fully expect to see the top plate laser cut with, the "Greasy" sled.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

That's awesome man! Looking forward to the finished product, don't embarrass me ;)

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Took about 3 weeks off as I had no motivation to use the shitty gym in my new building.
Finally joined a super nice gym on Friday and have learned a few things since:

1: After taking multiple weeks off I can NOT jump straight back in to my program with the weight I left at. I felt okay-ish during the workout, but have been painfully sore since. Haven't felt this sore in a loong time.
2: I look like shit. lol - For the past like 2 years I've been using my old condo's gym which was really decent, but going to a legit gym now (especially in the loop) I swear everyone is fucking <15% body fat and shredded.

Seriously considering starting 75 hard just to see what kind of shape I'm capable of. Peer preasure / body dysmorphia is a bitch :LOL:

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Took about 3 weeks off as I had no motivation to use the shitty gym in my new building.
Finally joined a super nice gym on Friday and have learned a few things since:

1: After taking multiple weeks off I can NOT jump straight back in to my program with the weight I left at. I felt okay-ish during the workout, but have been painfully sore since. Haven't felt this sore in a loong time.
2: I look like shit. lol - For the past like 2 years I've been using my old condo's gym which was really decent, but going to a legit gym now (especially in the loop) I swear everyone is fucking <15% body fat and shredded.

Seriously considering starting 75 hard just to see what kind of shape I'm capable of. Peer preasure / body dysmorphia is a bitch :LOL:

especially since it is low season here now, my thai gym is pretty empty. also just with the thai frame and diet nobody is doing much here, and the very occasional strong upper body guys i have seen (who i have not seen in 2022 since i left in 2021) skip leg day. so no peer pressure at my gym, i'm often the strongest one in it, which is like, really sad for the gym lol. also a bit boring/no one to look at. high season in november+ and the island is popular with swedes, so i am looking forward to a bunch of tall blondes appearing in the future.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Have lifted maybe 3 times in the last month. Been insanely busy with work and zero motivation for the gym. Iā€™m gonna get back at it Monday.
my muay thai routine hasn't been adhered to as well, partly because of lots of rain lately, partly being a bit lazy/short on sleep - but my gym attendance has been pretty perfect since being in thailand in april! my whole history looks like this. leg press down because i switched to single leg.

Screenshot_20220807-150204.png

Reactions: Shawn1112

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I finally rejoined a real gym. The community center in my neighborhood has a gym but it sucks at best. And it's small. They are redoing it this winter and the plans look legit. Once that is done I will give it another shot.
I was at LA Fitness for a long while but left about two years ago when I was traveling more than I was home.
Last winter I joined Planet Fitness and only stuck around a shot time. It was like the gym at my community center but slightly bigger.
After feeling extra fat this weekend I signed back up to LA Fitness, or now called EsportA. Stupid name but it does feel nice to be back in a real gym with real equipment.
Now to make it a habit of going on a regular basis.

Thread Info