šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Took a deload week last week as we were busy as shit with work. Ive mentioned before, I always feel a lot stronger coming back from a deload week.
Went in today and did all flat bench work, worked up to 385lbs and hit 5 clean reps. Pretty sure I coulda hit 1 at 405 today, but I'll wait until next week. I want to get a good week in of hitting every body part first just to make sure everything is moving normally.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
do you do incline barbell or dumbbell bench shawn? what do you put up there?
Absolutely, 125lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 10 with no problem thats the biggest we have at LA. I'm sure I could go higher if they were available and if I could get them up to my chest. Sometimes I struggle getting the 125lbs up to my chest. But once they are in position as mentioned I have no issues with them
Barbell, Ive gone as heavy as 365ish, might have been 385. But I like to stay at 315 or under on incline.
I tend to stay away from barbell and dumbbell decline work though. I'm actually my strongest on decline, but it really fucks up my shoulders. So mostly do the decline machine or if I'm on the decline bench with a barbell, I keep it at or under 225

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've never even tried decline, although i've seen some people say it fits best with the average person's mobility and body mechanics.

in the current schedule i made, i just introduced flat barbell once again weekly, and i do incline dumbbell once weekly usually (sometimes twice) and generally prefer it; feels more comfortable movement wise not having the barbell there. i do the lowest incline rung (guessing 30 degrees?). in my app it looks like my best set was 30kg x11, or 32.5x6. 30kg = 66 lbs, 32.5 = 71.7 lbs.

i can't even imagine being able to bop out 3 sets of 10 @ 125, lol. and yeah, kicking them up to position seems like a risky/injury prone operation. even just getting up and busting out my first rep of these is a pain to me, the 2nd one is always easier.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Arms FTW

20220610_092005.jpg

Reactions: Aircal and Caleb515

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Moving to the new place next Friday and will have to join a gym. Pretty excited not going to lie.

I've been fortunate that our current condo has a decent gym and has been enough to get me by, but lately I've been wanting more weight (Free weights only go up to 75lbs) and it has limited machines so it can get crowded if 4-5 people are lifting. Our new place has a very small gym and even less options so I've got 2-3 gyms I want to check out and will decide from there which one I sign up with.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Literally the only motivation I have is to not be skinny. This means I'm doing a 3 day PPL, if I even go for legs. I just can't find the motivation to do fucking anything none the less lift.

Anyway, yesterday was chest. Even if I give up completely, I'll still show up for a chest day. Gonna try to make it in today for back and bi, toss in a bit of traps.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
new PR of reps of 150 kg on squats, although my form is shit so not sure what that is in terms of Real Squats, i'm still taking it, first i've tried.

started using the strong app to keep track of lifts, find it pretty useful. especially since i went last week with no new PRs (eg. not more reps, or a higher weight, or estimated 1 rep max) so i decided to try and push a little harder this week. my biggest problem is still lack of proper sleep overall tho.

FB_IMG_1656993383715.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Itā€™s been brutal this week working out in the garage. Heat/humidity absolutely killing my energy by the time Iā€™m half way through lifting.

Tried to go to Costco Monday and pick up one of the big DeWalt drum fans they had on display for the last two months. Of course they were sold out. Kicking myself for pussyfooting around too long about buying one.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Itā€™s been brutal this week working out in the garage. Heat/humidity absolutely killing my energy by the time Iā€™m half way through lifting.

Tried to go to Costco Monday and pick up one of the big DeWalt drum fans they had on display for the last two months. Of course they were sold out. Kicking myself for pussyfooting around too long about buying one.
Paging greasy greasy

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Thread Info