šŸ„ Health Workout chat

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The ā€œtrainerā€ at my gym is such a joke. Her and her client are currently doing all these things simultaneously:

- doing some body weight floor exerciseā€¦between the cables
- storing dumbbells on one of the squat rack benches thatā€™s pulled out in the middle of the floor for some reason
- doing pull downs right next to the cable flys

so youā€™re taking up 3 pieces of equipment (4 if you count cables individually) and making a mess for some half ass back workout. Apparently you donā€™t need to know anything about proper training OR gym educate to become a ā€œpersonal trainerā€

Fucking idiot

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Today was arms
Back
Stretching
Cardio

Get dem endorphins kicking ??

giphy.gif

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The ā€œtrainerā€ at my gym is such a joke. Her and her client are currently doing all these things simultaneously:

- doing some floor body weight floor exerciseā€¦between the cables
- storing dumbbells on one of the squat rack benches thatā€™s pulled out in the middle of the floor for some reason

so youā€™re taking up 3 pieces of equipment (4 if you count cables individually) and making a mess for some half ass back workout. Apparently you donā€™t need to know anything about proper training OR gym educate to become a ā€œpersonal trainerā€

Fucking idiot

It also sets a terrible example. Now when these people work out by themselves, they will think it's acceptable to hoard dumbbells and take up 3-4 stations at one time.

I've said it in the thread before, but gym etiquette seems even worse now after the covid pandemic. People are flat out rude and even more selfish. I always see people hoarding dumbbells and so many people bring Bluetooth speakers to the gym rather than listening to headphones.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

- doing some body weight floor exerciseā€¦between the cables

Fucking idiot

i consider myself a gym idiot and am definitely more of a new given at 42 years old was the first time i went to lift weights in a gym more than 3 times in a year (or decade at some points) - so pretty much think i'm an idiot. nonetheless i'm astounded by the things that people do in the gym, including people who i think are probably a little to a lot stronger than me.

- assisted dips machine
people jumping in to this and making up their own leg exercise? at least this one seems slightly more understandable than some of the more dumb shit i've seen?

- shoulder press machine
this dude was definitely stronger than me, i was doing some lat machine next to him. instead of facing outward and doing a shoulder press in it, dude faces inward, steps up and stands on to the seat, then proceeds to use it for shoulder shrugs. he is even there with a buddy, who may or may not have been giving him some training at that? my mexi gym had plenty of dumbbells available for this dude to use instead.

- bosu ball stuff
is this just bored crossfitters? i was doing my half ass trash squats feeling like a puss cuz i see chicks who have 10x my form, nonetheless at least i'm doing squats, dude was jumping on the bosu ball and doing some weighted stuff on it that just seemed like a good way to get a trashy workout in and possibly hurt yourself.

in thailand i was on a small island and virtually no tourists were in the country, i often had the gym to myself and was spoiled in that i could construct any circuit i want. here i just do 1-2 things back to back. in the area i prefer to work in there is one adjustable bench, i was mostly done with it when this chick asked to use it while i was on something else i was working in to my circuit, said sure. she just proceeded to do steps up on it and some little hopping around it kind of thing. also she could have used a damn box and this other thing for her stuff, which seemed like mild cardio at best.

i don't particularly want to be in the gym, but i sure as shit don't want the time there to be wasted - you have to put in enough perfect everything to even build the tiniest amount of muscle, and you're of course going to fuck up getting anywhere near that anyway. so how do people end up in there doing such ridiculous pointless shit?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The lat pulldown machine is my absolute for people watching. I lose it laughing every time I see someone violently swinging all of their body weight backwards to try and lift way more weight than they should :LOL:
Ever see someone fall off, I have and laughed my balls off.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It also sets a terrible example. Now when these people work out by themselves, they will think it's acceptable to hoard dumbbells and take up 3-4 stations at one time.

I've said it in the thread before, but gym etiquette seems even worse now after the covid pandemic. People are flat out rude and even more selfish. I always see people hoarding dumbbells and so many people bring Bluetooth speakers to the gym rather than listening to headphones.
i consider myself a gym idiot and am definitely more of a new given at 42 years old was the first time i went to lift weights in a gym more than 3 times in a year (or decade at some points) - so pretty much think i'm an idiot. nonetheless i'm astounded by the things that people do in the gym, including people who i think are probably a little to a lot stronger than me.

- assisted dips machine
people jumping in to this and making up their own leg exercise? at least this one seems slightly more understandable than some of the more dumb shit i've seen?

- shoulder press machine
this dude was definitely stronger than me, i was doing some lat machine next to him. instead of facing outward and doing a shoulder press in it, dude faces inward, steps up and stands on to the seat, then proceeds to use it for shoulder shrugs. he is even there with a buddy, who may or may not have been giving him some training at that? my mexi gym had plenty of dumbbells available for this dude to use instead.

- bosu ball stuff
is this just bored crossfitters? i was doing my half ass trash squats feeling like a puss cuz i see chicks who have 10x my form, nonetheless at least i'm doing squats, dude was jumping on the bosu ball and doing some weighted stuff on it that just seemed like a good way to get a trashy workout in and possibly hurt yourself.

in thailand i was on a small island and virtually no tourists were in the country, i often had the gym to myself and was spoiled in that i could construct any circuit i want. here i just do 1-2 things back to back. in the area i prefer to work in there is one adjustable bench, i was mostly done with it when this chick asked to use it while i was on something else i was working in to my circuit, said sure. she just proceeded to do steps up on it and some little hopping around it kind of thing. also she could have used a damn box and this other thing for her stuff, which seemed like mild cardio at best.

i don't particularly want to be in the gym, but i sure as shit don't want the time there to be wasted - you have to put in enough perfect everything to even build the tiniest amount of muscle, and you're of course going to fuck up getting anywhere near that anyway. so how do people end up in there doing such ridiculous pointless shit?
Outside of the trainer being an idiot on occasion, I really haven't noticed any of this other nonsense in my gym. Everyone seems to have their shit together for the most part. Like 90% of them have shit form but as far as being respectful and having gym educate, it's mostly good

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020

I work out at planet fatness 75% of the time, and the amount of...eh, well call them "more fit" people, set the worst example for new comers. New people, some of which have never been in a gym, walk in and see what to them looks like fit people with 3 sets of weights, a mat, a bar, and a bench doing some moronic fucking circuit in the area that is CLEARLY FOR FREE WEIGHTS, and wham, now they think that's appropriate. PF literally has an area specifically for that. Hell, my other gym has an area specifically for that. Meanwhile I gotta step over your assortment of shit you're using, incorrectly I might add, to grab weights.

If it wasn't cheap and close to work I'd avoid the place.

The lat pulldown machine is my absolute favorite for people watching. I lose it laughing every time I see someone violently swinging all of their body weight backwards to try and lift way more weight than they should :LOL:

I love it when they do each arm individually and the weight stays stationary. Big fan.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I work out at planet fatness 75% of the time, and the amount of...eh, well call them "more fit" people, set the worst example for new comers. New people, some of which have never been in a gym, walk in and see what to them looks like fit people with 3 sets of weights, a mat, a bar, and a bench doing some moronic fucking circuit in the area that is CLEARLY FOR FREE WEIGHTS, and wham, now they think that's appropriate. PF literally has an area specifically for that. Hell, my other gym has an area specifically for that. Meanwhile I gotta step over your assortment of shit you're using, incorrectly I might add, to grab weights.

If it wasn't cheap and close to work I'd avoid the place.

I love it when they do each arm individually and the weight stays stationary. Big fan.
People that set up elaborate "circuits" in commercial gyms are the fucking worst. There's a reason a crossfit gym is $150/mo and your PF membership is $10/mo. Stop rearranging the whole gym to accommodate your shitty workout

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
People that set up elaborate "circuits" in commercial gyms are the fucking worst. There's a reason a crossfit gym is $150/mo and your PF membership is $10/mo. Stop rearranging the whole gym to accommodate your shitty workout
This drives me fucking nuts. Prime time gym hours and some MF come and yell at you for jumping on a piece of abandoned equipment he was ā€œusingā€ on opposite side of gym

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This drives me fucking nuts. Prime time gym hours and some MF come and yell at you for jumping on a piece of abandoned equipment he was ā€œusingā€ on opposite side of gym
I seen some young black dude almost whoop some older white dudes ass for that shit a few weeks ago. Happened right next to me on one of the back machines.
Fucking white dude looks at me and says, tell him its cool bro we do this all the time. The way he said it was like implying he is my buddy and its 2 against one. I looked at him dead in his face and told him first off, I aint your bro, I dont know you and dont care to know you, 2nd your wrong and what your doing is bullshit. You cant do a set on this back machine, then go to the other side, do a set of dumbell rows then come back over here.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah I don't care about taking over equipment when people do this shit. I'll hop on the cables if i need them, idgaf if you're intermittently using them between 2 other workouts. If you have headphones on and your face is angry enough they typically just figure something else out lol

• Haha

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Benching
Warm up is bar with ten plate each side
145 x 10
185 x 10 x 4
Ended up going heavier than normal
225 x 4, stopped my left elbow started talking to me
145 x 20

Playing with the dumbbells now
Fly's
Delt raises
Shoulder military style Delt press to the sky

Heading out soon to go hiking with the wife

Later aI have a load of fire wood coming, stacking is a nice work out too.

Cheers Gentlemen

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Benching
Warm up is bar with ten plate each side
145 x 10
185 x 10 x 4
Ended up going heavier than normal
225 x 4, stopped my left elbow started talking to me
145 x 20

Playing with the dumbbells now
Fly's
Delt raises
Shoulder military style Delt press to the sky

Heading out soon to go hiking with the wife

Later aI have a load of fire wood coming, stacking is a nice work out too.

Cheers Gentlemen

giphy.gif
C'mon as big as you are, you can definitely go heavier. I'm fucking with you lol.

I spotted some big ass dude last week, he was doing flat bench dumbell presses. I was doing the same but incline right next to him. I was doing 115lb dumbells and he was doing 85lb. So he asked if I could spot him on 100's, yes sir lets get it. Said he was aiming for 5 reps. On his 4th, I had to assist a tiny bit, 5th rep a little more. He decided to go for another, and he struggled bad even with me spotting him. Then said he wanted to go for his 7th rep, even with me spotting him he couldn't get it more than halfway. Crazy fucker rolled to his left and thru both dumbells like an asshole. I looked at him and shook my head, he said your lucky you didnt get hit with one of those dumbells. I told him, no your lucky I didnt get hit, I would have smacked you upside the head with a 45lb plate. He lol like I was joking, the funny thing is, I wasnt.

Thread Info