šŸ„ Health Workout chat

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Still gyming just not worth noting much on here, Iā€™ve lost a lot of upper body muscle due to the torn rotator cuff can still do some light isolation chest stuff, decided to bring my weight way back down and start over again my blood pressure was in the danger zone for most of last year and I just ignored it, came off trt for a few months now to help bring my weight down itā€™s impossible to drop muscle mass on trt and I knew Iā€™d have to to get back down to the 210-215 range lots of cardio ā€œtryingā€ to quit drinking doing a keto like diet down to 220 this morning

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i'm kinda under the impression the bcaa stuff alone provides minimal benefits? thought good protein pretty much had that too and it was just supplement companies trying to sell you more.

i use some proflex why protein as it seemed to be a good deal around actual protein per scoop and cost (and availability in thailand) - chocolate and vanilla but the vanilla seems easier to dissolve so sticking with it. about to add creatine once it arrives (5g a day i guess). i usually do 5 scoops / 65g of protein a day with it, just tossed into a blender in the morning. glass when i get up, glass after the gym or muay thai, then whatever is left at some point at night.
This is correct. BCAA's are a total waste of money, and to put it bluntly 99% of the preworkouts mentioned in this thread are junk. Stim free AML is dosed right where it counts (creatine, citrulline mallate, beta alanine etc), outwork nutrition that's owned by layne norton is good but doesn't have creatine, which some prefer. Most of the others like pre kaged are just garbage filled with caffeine to make you feel like it's having an effect. It's not. C4 is legit the worst preworkout out there lol

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This is correct. BCAA's are a total waste of money, and to put it bluntly 99% of the preworkouts mentioned in this thread are junk. Stim free AML is dosed right where it counts (creatine, citrulline mallate, beta alanine etc), outwork nutrition that's owned by layne norton is good but doesn't have creatine, which some prefer. Most of the others like pre kaged are just garbage filled with caffeine to make you feel like it's having an effect. It's not. C4 is legit the worst preworkout out there lol
Is this the pre and post you speak of? If so, I'm going to give it a try. I been using JYM pre for over a year and love that stuff

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Is this the pre and post you speak of? If so, I'm going to give it a try. I been using JYM pre for over a year and love that stuff

Correct

Reactions: Shawn1112

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Quick comparison

AML citrulline mallate 8g
JYM is 6g

5g creatine in AML pre (and another 5 in the post)
2g creatine in Jym

500mg potassium in AML
60mg in JYM

Betaine 2.5g in AML
1.5 in JYM

Oh but Jym has 300mg caffeine.

Caffeine is cheap, the rest of those ingredients are not

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Let me know what you think of it (*if you get some)... Sold out via their website but Amazon has some. The 400mg of caffeine per scoop is a bit much for me to handle though. My limit is about 100-150mg per day.
I ordered thru Amazon. Not sure what you looked at but "stim free" shouldnt have any caffeine. I just looked at the label and it doesnt show any caffeine in it

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Shit, just cancelled lol. Same thing must have happened to me, thanks
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

Thatā€™s a good sign theyā€™re sold out. Itā€™s high in demand. . It must work.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I keep thinking about signing up for a gym again. I know I keep saying it. Really need some leg machines and a place to do cardio. Not a lot of great analogs for a variety of hamstring movements.

tempted to just join planet fitness to hit cardio before work early in the morning. Work has a gym but itā€™s been closed for over a year due to Covid. Wish I could just steal a damn step mill from there and put it in my building.

Thread Info