šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Back, arms, walk, abs
Winning

Took a week off, not by choice but a week off every six months is good imo.

So last Monday while benching neck locked up. I knew to stop, it ached three days, healed. I could had lifted Saturday but thought what was the harm waiting till today.

Health is wealth ???

Reactions: Aircal

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i did legs and pizza saturday, chest shoulders triceps and hamburgers yesterday. pretty slow but positive progress vs. some old sheets i found where i wrote stuff down, certainly a lot more improvement in some lifts vs. others. think my worst problem is not getting near enough sleep, actually zonked out i get 5 hours at the most. wonder how my newbie gainz (feel slow but i have no idea) are now vs. what they could have been if i picked up some weights at 21 or 31 vs. now 41. muay thai today but no fighting kids.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Back, arms, walk, abs
Winning

Took a week off, not by choice but a week off every six months is good imo.

So last Monday while benching neck locked up. I knew to stop, it ached three days, healed. I could had lifted Saturday but thought what was the harm waiting till today.

Health is wealth ???
I usually take a deload week every 12 weeks or so. Iā€™m not lifting at all this week as my left elbow has been very sore. Maybe tendinitis, if it continues Iā€™ll go get it looked at.

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I usually take a deload week every 12 weeks or so. Iā€™m not lifting at all this week as my left elbow has been very sore. Maybe tendinitis, if it continues Iā€™ll go get it looked at.

Ya, definitely a good call. When I'm lifting every other day I don't get that "good pain"
The next day after lifting.

However, every time I take a week off, the next day it's there. For example I benched Wednesday and even today when I squeeze my pecks they still ache (if that makes any sense)

Thus, maybe I get more out of lifting taking time off.

I truly do not know, just making an observation.

?

Reactions: Shawn1112

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
For those of you that take pre workout. How long between taking it and starting your workout? How long does it last?.
I work till 6 and get to the gym at 6:45ish. Get home between 8 and 8:30. Should be in bed by 10ish but 11 is lucky.
That depends on what you take and when you take it, I used to just put a scoop right in my mouth in the parking lot of the gym on an almost empty stomach in the morning and it would hit me in about 5 minutes but if I was on night shift I couldnā€™t take a nap for the rest of the day after I took my pre workout

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
For those of you that take pre workout. How long between taking it and starting your workout? How long does it last?.
I work till 6 and get to the gym at 6:45ish. Get home between 8 and 8:30. Should be in bed by 10ish but 11 is lucky.
My pre is JYM which is pretty strong. I take it 30-45 min before I lift and I'm still wired 2hrs later. I normally workout between noon-3pm, if I took it at 6pm, I wouldn't sleep. But I lift HEAVY 90% of the time, so take that for what its worth

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
That's what I worry about need to get to bed 1 and a half to 2 hours later.
I am just so exhausted when leaving work. I start before 7am and go to 6.
Thereā€™s a ton of non-stimulant pre workouts on the market now. Havenā€™t used one but I think I remember FirstWorldProblems N20GT does?

if you wouldnā€™t drink two cups of coffee at the same time youā€™d be taking pre, I wouldnā€™t take it. I do take it sometimes as late as 8pm, but Iā€™ve got to be absolutely gassed from a 12+ hour work day. It will fuck with your sleep for sure.

having some simple carbs like fruit or candy helps me some times too. Banana before Iā€™m out of work or grab a little pack of skittles or at a gas station on my way to the gym.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Thereā€™s a ton of non-stimulant pre workouts on the market now. Havenā€™t used one but I think I remember FirstWorldProblems N20GT does?

if you wouldnā€™t drink two cups of coffee at the same time youā€™d be taking pre, I wouldnā€™t take it. I do take it sometimes as late as 8pm, but Iā€™ve got to be absolutely gassed from a 12+ hour work day. It will fuck with your sleep for sure.

having some simple carbs like fruit or candy helps me some times too. Banana before Iā€™m out of work or grab a little pack of skittles or at a gas station on my way to the gym.
Stim free pre is the way to go. I use AML stim free pre and post workout, theyā€™re dosed pretty heavy where it counts.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
First day back at gym. Flat, incline, rope, cables incline and decline. Chest n tris.

Almost walked out. So many fucking people... Not that I'm worried about Cv19, just there's not enough machines... And this place huge... Frustrating...

Got a good pump and I was wanting to do more but I know the first few days if I go hard I'm fucking dead sore.... I'll ease into it.

Well see how long I stick to it. If anything I'll rejoin anytime and go to my closest one if the crowd bothers me

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
First day back at gym. Flat, incline, rope, cables incline and decline. Chest n tris.

Almost walked out. So many fucking people... Not that I'm worried about Cv19, just there's not enough machines... And this place huge... Frustrating...

Got a good pump and I was wanting to do more but I know the first few days if I go hard I'm fucking dead sore.... I'll ease into it.

Well see how long I stick to it. If anything I'll rejoin anytime and go to my closest one if the crowd bothers me

Dude, I see bitch dots...?

giphy.gif

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Give keto a shot, you will feel fuller than egg whites and salad and drop weight pretty fast
Just not gunna happen and it won't last long. I will not give up carbs or sugar. Period. Won't happen.

I just have to stop eating absolute trash all week. I need to have weekends off but during the week eat good and less

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Just not gunna happen and it won't last long. I will not give up carbs or sugar. Period. Won't happen.

I just have to stop eating absolute trash all week. I need to have weekends off but during the week eat good and less
Anything is better than eating junk 24/7 but try and moderate weekends a little bit also. Your metabolism will slow a bit in a calorie deficit so if youā€™re eating 3k cals/day m-f then binging Friday night through Sunday, thatā€™s def not ideal.

but like I said any progress is good progress, donā€™t obsess over it

Thread Info