Definitely is. It was half excuse half busy and tired. Lifts are strong today though which is a bonus.Sometimes thats a good thing.
No shoulder day?What's your guyses perfect weekly lay out?
I think I like
Body needs rest bro, should take a least 1 day if not 2 days off a week. I'd be willing to bet you that the 1-2 mile run prior to lifting is hurting your lifts.Monday: International Chest Day - Light Triceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Tuesday: Back - Light Biceps - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Wednesday: Legs or Squats and Deadlift
Thursday: Shoulders - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
Friday: Arms - Abs - 1 to 2 mile warm up run
This is my ideal setup. I don't always follow this like I should but I'm getting better at trying to stay on it.
I should do cardio after I lift. I've heard that is better.Body needs rest bro, should take a least 1 day if not 2 days off a week. I'd be willing to bet you that the 1-2 mile run prior to lifting is hurting your lifts.
I'll walk for 10-15 min at 3mph to warm up. When I'm doing cardio, I always do it after lifting.
I'm not an expert by any means, but do read a lot. Yes everyone suggests cardio like your doing should be done after lifting.I should do cardio after I lift. I've heard that is better.
My weekend cardio typically isn't going to the gym though. I should have put that in there. It can be spent racing at the track, riding trails or skate parks, kayaking in the summer, etc.
It doesn’t matter, like at all.Cause don't you want to space out things like chest and arms?
It's so confusing... Or should one train chest/tris together
Ego is exactly my problem as well while lifting lol. Finally hit 405 on flat bench 2 weeks ago. Automatically started thinking about chasing 495 lolNope just a tall lanky bastard that likes to ego lift lol
I was being a smart ass, I like to train as a powerlifter vs typical bodybuilding style workouts. I follow different programs from Sheiko. 95% of the workouts are Squat, bench, or deadlift and then the other 5% are accessory lifts associated with the compound movements. I know from videos taken that my form is good to go, just need to build up my strength to go along with my weight(255-265). Contemplated on just trying a minor oral steriod cycle to just see what might happen next training block after a deload after this weekEgo is exactly my problem as well while lifting lol. Finally hit 405 on flat bench 2 weeks ago. Automatically started thinking about chasing 495 lol
I'm not going to though, I'm 45 and starting to fall apart.
I've dead lifted and squatted 495 (really 500 as I did put 2-2.5 plates on it lol) a few years back. The DL was with wrist straps though, Ive hit 405 without them. I rarely DL anymore and when I do, I keep it light and stopped squatting all together.
Ended up going 475 on squat, 335 on bench (screwed myself by overtraining tris the other day and they were not recovered at all), and hit a 550 deadlift at a 260 body weight. Overall pretty satisfied with this training block and actually might contemplate just doing a powerlifting meet sometime this yearGonna do a mock meet later today... previous prs were 455 squat, 325 or 330bench, and a 525 deadlift. Hoping to see a 475 squat, 335-340bench and a 540+ deadlift