šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Weights. Your standard planet fitness/ LA fitness machines and free weights. Nothing crazy heavy. Bench max is normally in the 245-260 range. Shoulder press is almost 2 plates, most times plate and a 25
Free weight on a barbell shoulder press, or the machine you put plates on?
Either way is impressive but if thats free weight on a barbell, even more so.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Weights. Your standard planet fitness/ LA fitness machines and free weights. Nothing crazy heavy. Bench max is normally in the 245-260 range. Shoulder press is almost 2 plates, most times plate and a 25
Watch your wrist position. Any time your wrist is bent back, like a high five position, it puts a lot of strain on that elbow tendon.

Exaggerate your wrist bent back and do a cable tricep press down type motion. Exaggerate your wrist curled in now. You should be able to feel that difference in your elbow.

imagine that with weight added and not being focused on wrist position, or your form deteriorates as you get deeper into the Reps of that particular set.

Thereā€™s your tendonitis.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Watch your wrist position. Any time your wrist is bent back, like a high five position, it puts a lot of strain on that elbow tendon.

i had some kind of shit attempt at a block/parry today in sparring where my hand got punched something like this, elbow immediately stung. still is not feeling great. will have to be more conscious of this!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Iā€™ve came across 2 peptides that sound very interesting, they arenā€™t illegal but itā€™s one of those grey areas, you can purchase for research only but Iā€™ve read of anti aging clinics using them to speed healing of injuries, both are naturally occurring in the body but these are synthetic versions, one is bpc157 and the other is tb500, ive been reading and watching all the youtubes and they seem promising for healing injuries at a rapid pace

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
New Year Day Bench
FTW

20210101_104114.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Hit legs Monday was the first time in at least 3-4 months that I was able to squat over 300lbs hit 315 for 5 leg strength coming back slow, Iā€™ve been using the peptides for my shoulder for about a week and itā€™s already considerably better feeling, this has been an ongoing issue since October 10th when I wrecked my motorcycle and itā€™s gotten worse over time it was to the point it would pop when I was just sitting at a table resting my arms on it every time I took a breath, itā€™s still somewhat sore but the popping and cracking has gotten way better it will only pop under certain movements and the pain is a lot less, going to run this bottle out I think I have a few more days left, maybe take a week off and run another bottle of it it seems like it just started working in the last couple days though maybe I should just keep going I think I have enough for maybe 14 more days at the current dose

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well I can definitely say my Bipap machine is working. Started cutting Sunday and down 15.2lbs as of today. Back to 16/8 fasting, low carbs all week and no pop, candy or sweets. Kept my calorie intake between 2100-2300 every day. Lifted 4 days in a row and absolutely no cardio. Yes I understand thats not normal and usually the 1st week or 2 you will see big drops before leveling off to 2-3lbs a week. My point is, the last couple years when I started my cutting doing exactly the same as I did this week. Ive never dropped over 10lbs in a week, and yes it was the same exact scale both days and in the same exact spot. My Dr mentioned getting proper sleep would help me with cutting.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Starting Monday this week, wife and I began a keto diet, no carbs or sugars ( 1-2 grams the most ) bumped up our protein and fresh veggies, more water intake with added electrolytes ( keto headache if you donā€™t ) we are both looking to cut about 15-20lbs.

averaging about 10k in steps daily. started up a 30 day challenge doing sit ups, body weight squats, leg lifts and push upā€™s with our oldest whoā€™s 14 and my wife, nice to keep each other accountable.

with doing keto itā€™s hard to do heavy work outs, wife and I have been doing kettle bell work outs with swings, squats, deadlifts, rows, and a few more.

have to go light on cardio due to keto, besides the walking, been doing some more biking, and jump roping which is harder then anything.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Starting Monday this week, wife and I began a keto diet, no carbs or sugars ( 1-2 grams the most ) bumped up our protein and fresh veggies, more water intake with added electrolytes ( keto headache if you donā€™t ) we are both looking to cut about 15-20lbs.

averaging about 10k in steps daily. started up a 30 day challenge doing sit ups, body weight squats, leg lifts and push upā€™s with our oldest whoā€™s 14 and my wife, nice to keep each other accountable.

with doing keto itā€™s hard to do heavy work outs, wife and I have been doing kettle bell work outs with swings, squats, deadlifts, rows, and a few more.

have to go light on cardio due to keto, besides the walking, been doing some more biking, and jump roping which is harder then anything.
Did either of you get the "keto flu" if so how bad was it? Never done Keto, but people I know who have, said to up your salt intake iirc to avoid the "keto flu"

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Did either of you get the "keto flu" if so how bad was it? Never done Keto, but people I know who have, said to up your salt intake iirc to avoid the "keto flu"

Only flu like symptoms aches and headaches which is due to the lack of electrolytes which we have been upping with electrolyte water. Wife has been colder then Normal but we are still getting use to the weather down here so that might be the issue.

been reading up on keto flu, and was not aware of how you can become dehydrated with drinking only water, water has nothing in it and when you drink too much it flushes your body out. Which is super important to know now.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Iā€™ve came across 2 peptides that sound very interesting, they arenā€™t illegal but itā€™s one of those grey areas, you can purchase for research only but Iā€™ve read of anti aging clinics using them to speed healing of injuries, both are naturally occurring in the body but these are synthetic versions, one is bpc157 and the other is tb500, ive been reading and watching all the youtubes and they seem promising for healing injuries at a rapid pace

helped my tendonitis a ton, I did a combo of both.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info