šŸ„ Health Workout chat

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
No bullshit though.

Bench was never my strength, back in the day I was banging 225lbs free weights military press, 275 too

Those days are over....

:rofl:
Thanks Man

Seriously been lifting weights since I was 9.

Few dudes in high school, college, were banging steroids, I never ever would do it cause I was afraid of goin bald at

True story

i'm 41, started going to any gym at all with any schedule (hiit) last year and actually doing anything with weights in like june, all of my volume has been spent on computers. i can't fathom being able to military press 225 lbs, fuck

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i'm 41, started going to any gym at all with any schedule (hiit) last year and actually doing anything with weights in like june, all of my volume has been spent on computers. i can't fathom being able to military press 225 lbs, fuck
Took me about 5yrs to hit that. Started lifting at 38 or 39 years old.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

Keep at it, never get up. Lifting weights, hiking, riding the mountain bike, eating healthy etc it's worth it feeling good.

Nice job so far, stick to it Man

FTW

A hit for Shawn1112 Shawn1112
I know he loves it... :rofl:

Reactions: sickmint79

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Keep at it, never get up. Lifting weights, hiking, riding the mountain bike, eating healthy etc it's worth it feeling good.

Nice job so far, stick to it Man

FTW

A hit for Shawn1112 Shawn1112
I know he loves it... :rofl:

Agree with everything said except the eating healthy part lol. I like good food to god damn much to give it up lol.
When I used to get serious about cutting (been a few years) I was more in to portion control vs healthy eating.
Yes I ate healthier, but can never give up pizza, tacos and other shit lol

Reactions: Spivitz

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Back, biceps, crunches FTW

20201023_095502.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Okay boys, the quest to hit 405lbs flat bench is on. Been going back and forth over the last year or so and I'm ready to do it. Not sure if it was the 3 month Covid break when I barely worked out. But my shoulders feel great again and I'm fucking close. Ran in to an old buddy at the gym today who swears he isnt on roids, but I know better. His warm ups on flat bench is 225lbs lol. So I knew I had a very good spotter to work with today.
135lbs x 10
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 8
315lbs x 8
335lbs x 3
365lbs x 3
About a month since this post.
Today up to 385lbs 4 clean reps, 5th was with an assist. Everything else exactly the same as above. All on pretty much an empty stomach. Only thing I had today was black coffee and a Peanut Butter Cliff bar. After that cable flies and kept them all light. Curious to see how my shoulders feel tomorrow.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shoulders and some mobility work.
The week I decide to shoot for 405lbs, I'm going to skip shoulder day all together that week prior or just do something very light to keep them loose. Trying to game plan for when I go for it. Thinking of waiting 2 weeks from today. Next week just do all machine work at 65% of my max to keep everything moving.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think one of my favorite things about working out at home is not wearing a shirt. I feel more inspired (canā€™t think of better adjective) watching myself work. Some days Iā€™m flat and it makes me push harder and some days Iā€™m full and feel good about progress. Itā€™s a mental boost either way.

Spivitz

TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I think one of my favorite things about working out at home is not wearing a shirt. I feel more inspired (canā€™t think of better adjective) watching myself work. Some days Iā€™m flat and it makes me push harder and some days Iā€™m full and feel good about progress. Itā€™s a mental boost either way.

Ya, been thinking of getting a mirror in the garage so I can admire my....

Gut

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

my gym has 0 to 3 people in it, and since it's thailand plus they are cheap/energy pricey, if i do a real workout for 60+ min my shirt is actually fully wet with sweat anyway. so i'll sometimes go no shirt there. ok with some exercises in the mirror other exercises my jiggly gut is like Y HELLO THAR

Thread Info