šŸ„ Health Workout chat

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
90 more lbs, I might have hit a couple, 160 more lbs, no fucking way lol.
I actually did that a few times when I was still going to Life Time. Was working 7p - 3a so I would go after and the place was a ghost town, which was AWESOME. There was a guy there (Sam) who was about 6'4 300 lbs of solid mass. He'd max out the shrug rack with plates, so I asked if he wanted me to stand on the cross bar. He looked at me, looked at the machine, and went, "yeah, why not?". I got my balance, he ripped off a set of 10 like he was opening a can of soda. Few nights later he was doing it again. No one was around, even the workers, so I grabbed a 45 lbs plate in each hand and did it again. The last few reps he had to work for.

Fucking amazing how much he could lift. He'd come in, max out the machines and not make a sound. No plates banging, no loud yelling/grunting, never dropped a dumbbell or bar. Just went about his lifting like he was watching birds.

Reactions: Shawn1112

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Legs felt great today!!

5AFA6BA2-66BC-4BDB-A06F-6EC5E0C2A967.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was going to go for a bicycle ride, actually right past you bimmer4life blueoval4life. Prairie Path Aurora and Batavia branch (sort of a triangle), but this weather kind of sucks. Would have been the first time I've used that branch since the late 80's when I went to school over there at what was Wheaton-Warrenville Middle School.

If the weather starts to improve by early afternoon I might still go for it.

Reactions: bimmer4life

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I was going to go for a bicycle ride, actually right past you bimmer4life blueoval4life. Prairie Path Aurora and Batavia branch (sort of a triangle), but this weather kind of sucks. Would have been the first time I've used that branch since the late 80's when I went to school over there at what was Wheaton-Warrenville Middle School.

If the weather starts to improve by early afternoon I might still go for it.
Do it!!! Wind was rough but felt good afterwords :D

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Okay boys, the quest to hit 405lbs flat bench is on. Been going back and forth over the last year or so and I'm ready to do it. Not sure if it was the 3 month Covid break when I barely worked out. But my shoulders feel great again and I'm fucking close. Ran in to an old buddy at the gym today who swears he isnt on roids, but I know better. His warm ups on flat bench is 225lbs lol. So I knew I had a very good spotter to work with today.
135lbs x 10
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 8
315lbs x 8
335lbs x 5
365lbs x 3 (4th wasnt clean he helped)

Buddy maxed out at 495lbs today, 5 clean reps.....smfh, he is also 32yrs old which helps lol.

Reactions: Spivitz

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Just ordered 2 gallons of this. Spendy, but seems like a super easy way to get protein in for someone who doesn't cook for shit (me)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just ordered 2 gallons of this. Spendy, but seems like a super easy way to get protein in for someone who doesn't cook for shit (me)

Why not just make protein shakes or is that part of your cooking problems?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
International chest day!!!

incline BB
hex press
DB Flyes
Tricep kick backs

i only even do this first one

for something like tricep kick backs, is this a variation so things don't get boring or is this a better or additive thing to do vs. push downs or dips? i've ended up just doing dips on the power tower dealie just from preferring the exercise vs. tricep push downs.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
i only even do this first one

for something like tricep kick backs, is this a variation so things don't get boring or is this a better or additive thing to do vs. push downs or dips? i've ended up just doing dips on the power tower dealie just from preferring the exercise vs. tricep push downs.

The triceps are being hit in the incline and the hex press. I chose kickbacks and did them with a light weight to focus on mind muscle connection, getting a really solid contraction of JUST the tricep.

I didnā€™t do dips because thatā€™s going to hit chest heavily, which I just did three other movements for and I didnā€™t do press downs because im in my basement with no cable machine. Press downs tend to irritate my elbows and the strength of the grip needed to hold onto a rope or other accessory takes the focus away from the tricep contraction for me.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Down 21lbs as of this morning. Started 2 months ago at 257 and down to 236. Only food changes i've made is less bread, pasta and almost zero fried food. Portion control above everything!!

As far as exercise just been playing golf(not really exercise) but movement. Walking and jogging with my dog almost every other day. This obviously has been the biggest impact along with portions.

Goal is to get back to 225lbs and then start back with weight training over the winter. No bulking just want to lean out as all my past sports injuries prevent any type of heavy weights.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info