šŸ„ Health Workout chat

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Picked up a pair of Versa Gripp Pros on Black Friday. They showed up this week and I used them the first time today. Awesome. Best ā€œstrapā€ Iā€™ve used. Iā€™ve wanted a pair for years but couldnā€™t get myself to spend the money.

pull day.
5x6-10 weighted pull ups

3x10-12 shoulder width machine row

3x10-12 Barbell row with upper back focus

superset without setting bar down
8x row upper back emphasis
8x deadlift
8x partial deadlift to knees

5 rounds of superset 60sec rest
10-12 high angle machine curl
10-12 incline cable curl

Strained my left rear delt while warming up. The thing is on fire right now. This is going to take me out for a few days :wtc:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Picked up a pair of Versa Gripp Pros on Black Friday. They showed up this week and I used them the first time today. Awesome. Best ā€œstrapā€ Iā€™ve used. Iā€™ve wanted a pair for years but couldnā€™t get myself to spend the money.

pull day.
5x6-10 weighted pull ups

3x10-12 shoulder width machine row

3x10-12 Barbell row with upper back focus

superset without setting bar down
8x row upper back emphasis
8x deadlift
8x partial deadlift to knees

5 rounds of superset 60sec rest
10-12 high angle machine curl
10-12 incline cable curl

Strained my left rear delt while warming up. The thing is on fire right now. This is going to take me out for a few days :wtc:
Had the Versa Gripp Proā€™s as well and lost one of them. Also had Manimal wrist wraps and lost one of those.
SMFH

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Proper carb up today

4B21910C-D929-48B8-934B-2B2847274EC6.jpeg

Reactions: Shawn1112

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Recovery week. Super low volume, high intensity.

5min on stepper, 5min foam roll

half body push. A few warm up sets of each exercise getting to about 70% of my one top set.
5min on stepper, 5min foam roll to start.

3-6 rep incline bb press

3-6 rep weighted dip

3-6 cable lateral raise

3-6 single arm cable tricep ext

3-6 back squats

added a few sets of squats to polish it off?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I also need to not be fat anymore. I can't get past 205lbs.
I was to hit the 180s. I think I need to rethink my diet at this point.

do you track calories/macros at all? If you donā€™t, start by doing that. Consistency with calories will give a much better idea of where the hang up is at. There are very few people in my experience who can eat intuitively and make progress toward whatever goal theyā€™re chasing.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Iā€™m doing legs today, I need a doughnut and some pre lol, I got some really stretchy knee wraps Iā€™m looking to try out

do you use sleeves at all? I found wraps to be injuring my knees. Dont think Iā€™ll use them again unless Iā€™m trying to PR a squat. Def good for 20lbs on a max though. Quite a bit of rebound out of the hole.

Light compression and keeping the joint warm has been more beneficial for me personally.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I miss having a lifting partner. Started off working out with a buddy in his garage, moved to a commercial gym just because our schedules didnā€™t line up almost ever, used to train with ALLEN DAVIS a couple days a week too. The gym we went to closed down though and Iā€™ve since moved to the city.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
do you use sleeves at all? I found wraps to be injuring my knees. Dont think Iā€™ll use them again unless Iā€™m trying to PR a squat. Def good for 20lbs on a max though. Quite a bit of rebound out of the hole.

Light compression and keeping the joint warm has been more beneficial for me personally.
I do use sleeves for squats I have stoic 7mil competition sleeves, they are getting a bit worn out, I bought some competition wraps but I canā€™t use them yet they are way too stiff, I got these cheap ones to try and slowly work my way into them, but at the moment I prefer sleeves, I actually ware elbow sleeves also and itā€™s helped prevent the bicep tendinitis I used to get when benching heavy

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Thread Info