šŸ„ Health Workout chat

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Sup. Iā€™ve been a human slug for the past 6 weeks. Ive made it to the gym maybe once a week on average. There have been a couple other ebbs in my consistency, this is straight up bad though :bowrofl:

The motivation hasnā€™t been there. Thereā€™s a couple things at play.

1. Iā€™ve been working too fucking much and life is too busy. Obligations plus 50-60hr weeks puts me at odds with prioritizing gym time vs relaxing/fun to keep my sanity.

2. Long term relationship motivation sag. Just feeling like I donā€™t need to try much more than maintaining current physique.

I have to figure out a program. It keeps me more compliant with going and making progress. Lately itā€™s been going to the gym and doing whatever Iā€™m feeling, which doesnā€™t accomplish much, beside maintaining.

Contemplating PHAT
ive been doing the same just going through the motions this summer trying to maintain, ive been itching to hit it hard but just too much stuff going on lately

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Iā€™m giving myself 5 months to hit these two goals, 365 bench and 500 squat, buuutttt I donā€™t want to gain weight like I did last winter so it may be a lot harder, i can probably single 325 on bench right now and maybe 415 on squat but I havenā€™t done more than a triple at 385 in a really long time, long winter of hard work ahead

Reactions: Spivitz

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Iā€™m giving myself 5 months to hit these two goals, 365 bench and 500 squat, buuutttt I donā€™t want to gain weight like I did last winter so it may be a lot harder, i can probably single 325 on bench right now and maybe 415 on squat but I havenā€™t done more than a triple at 385 in a really long time, long winter of hard work ahead
Gonna be tough without putting weight on especially the 365 bench. I keep going back and forth if I wanna go for 405 on bench.
I have hit 365 but I was about 20-25lbs heavier when I did so. Right now my 1RM on bench is 345 (hit it last Saturday)
But I know for a fact for myself to do that (405) I would have to put weight on, and I'm still trying to cut 45-50lbs :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1quick and Spivitz

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Gonna be tough without putting weight on especially the 365 bench. I keep going back and forth if I wanna go for 405 on bench.
I have hit 365 but I was about 20-25lbs heavier when I did so. Right now my 1RM on bench is 345 (hit it last Saturday)
But I know for a fact for myself to do that (405) I would have to put weight on, and I'm still trying to cut 45-50lbs :ROFLMAO:
Iā€™m fairly light for what I lift now weigh right around 220-225 most of the time Iā€™m doing sets of 5 at 305 right now on bench for my heavy set, Iā€™ve also squatted 455 at this body weight, Iā€™m not against weighing more but I need to gain weight slow or my blood pressure will skyrocket and I donā€™t want to be that much heavier 235 seemed hard but I gained 10 lbs in a month

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Banged chest today, it was nice.
Hit incline too, along with Triceps, abs.

giphy.gif

Thread Info