šŸ„ Health Workout chat

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got fat kid hands and sausage fingers even when I was in the best shape of my life. I've tried the gloveless approach before but the callouses start looking like the himalayas and tend to peel prematurely.

Thereā€™s a thing on amazon called a callous/ corn remover, I use it to shave my callous off, when doing CrossFit and heavy deadā€™s I was tearing my hands all the time, havenā€™t torn once in the last 2 years since Iā€™ve been cutting them down

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Morning walk

20190728_065732.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My brother and his family (Wife and 2 kids) staying with us for last 3 weeks and probably another month before they close on the house is killing me. My diet has been complete horse shit since they have been here. I'm good with not normally drinking pop except on pizza Friday. My Wife dont buy it, so out of sight out of mind kinda thing. Well they are huge pop drinkers so if its there, I drink it, lol. Junk food in all the cabinets that they purchase, again if its there I eat it. My brother has been gone over 20+ years with the occasional visits once a year. So he has been catching up on all his favorite local fast food. So he winds up buying shit food for everyone all the time. I'm going to wind up putting on 15lbs because of them, lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Also my Brother and SIL have been selling my Wife the dream about how good Planet Fitness is. They are building a new one right buy the house (Barrington and Schaumburg Rd). I have heard stories about people being kicked out for grunting and dropping weights. So I Googled some shit and showed my Wife and told her no fucking way could I work out there. I'm not big on dropping weights, I can control what I lift. But it sounds like most places only have 60lb-70lb dumbells. Going heavy trying to squeeze out those last few reps, its only natural to grunt or make some noise. Told her if she wanted to sign up, I would go with her once in a while to show her the basics.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Iā€™ll bang some heavy chest for you today lol

I'm going heavy on chest today as well. Might shoot for 365 on flat depending who is in there to spot me. I usually do chest on Saturdays as it seams like everyone is hitting chest on Mondays. I couldnt make it Saturday as we had a bunch of shit to do for my sons party.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Failed at 365 on flat today. Got stuck half way up and my spotter had to assist.
Kinda figured I didnt have it in me today when I struggled to hit 2 reps at 335.
Still got a good chest workout in. Guy that spotted me was trying to talk me in to doing some local strong man competitions. He thinks at my age (43) I could do well. Told him no fucking way, I dont have any desire to do that.

Thread Info