TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

angry mark cuban GIF

Reactions: Rent Free

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
failed a squat today for the first time, thankfully my gym got a new rack which does have safety bars. this is a rarity it seems in thailand. i was both trying to pause a little more on the bottom as well has a little more forward lean as i'm usually not giving much on a squat at all and expect that to help with my shitty form half reps. def not an amount of weight i'd expect to ever fail on giving use before, but too many changes and who knows... bad bracing, sloppy form, not respecting the weight, i dunno. but did fail. did not have enough time to choose how to fail either, like throw the weight back... just kind of started failing forward at the top and nowhere to go but forward and down. while on the way something in my lower back def felt tweaked. a bit shell shocked and went to sit for a while. hour+ later now, back is tender but my normal not all that flexible movements don't seem to trigger anything. randomly on my scoot i did experience some discomfort/shooting pain but pretty briefly. i figure maybe no muay thai this week/certainly tomorrow, and waiting to load my back with anything for a week, and hopefully back to normal. that or i'm going to be trying to get out of bed tomorrow and finding my back is fucking pissed off

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Decline today, it's been a bench rotation.
Next session flat bench
Then incline and yes then decline again šŸ™Œ

View attachment 204794
You been lifting a lot longer then me so I have to ask. Do you think the decline actually does anything, if so what?
I have yet to meet a ripped/bigger dude in the gym that believes the decline does anything. In all honesty, I can go crazy on a decline and lift my highest weight on there. But I refuse to hit decline unless its a decline machine and even then its every 4-6 weeks. I think a lot of my shoulder issues came via the decline

Reactions: Rent Free

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You been lifting a lot longer then me so I have to ask. Do you think the decline actually does anything, if so what?
I have yet to meet a ripped/bigger dude in the gym that believes the decline does anything. In all honesty, I can go crazy on a decline and lift my highest weight on there. But I refuse to hit decline unless its a decline machine and even then its every 4-6 weeks. I think a lot of my shoulder issues came via the decline
decline is good for injuring shoulders, nothing more

Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Shawn1112 Shawn1112

Light decline builds lower chest, I feel it in my delts too.

I've basically changed up my routine because my shoulder is still forked.

Personally, I do feel the benefits on the decline. My days of goin heavy are in the past so for Me, lighter weight, changing the routine ( flat / incline / decline)

Is workin for Me.

Obviously that don't mean it works for everyone.

I like doing all 3. :dunno:: thats just me. Decline Flat and Incline. I can do more on decline too. I feel like decline gives a wicked pump vs other 2 but again :dunno: I just like all 3.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my thai gym got a new flat bench, and it kinda sucks. i'm 6'2" so my arm dimensions are reasonably long, and the bar is just too high. it's an inch higher than i'd like, but can deal with, for people shorter than me or the average thai person though? i have no idea why the equipment is designed this way.

• Haha

Thread Info