• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Working on my Cobra makes me feel dumb.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
After a few weeks of work, the engine is back in and about ready to fire.

Last year I bought a QA1 k member from NEA knowing I would need it to make the engine swap easier.

K-Member is in, stock lower control arms used. Uhh, thats a mistake. Apparently the QA1 completely changes the geometry and kicks the wheels out a few inches. Looks like the car is riding dirty in Gringo Town. :ugh:

Guess im ordering a PA racing K-Member and selling this one.

WTF.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I just bought a PA Racing K-Member.

Didnt want to, but my only other option was to buy oem fox body control arms, or AJE tubular arms but those were 400 bucks. Also, the inner tie rod would have had to be shortened an inch to go that route.

So, my Brand new QA1 is up for sale for $200 firm.

And, Kudos to Bob Kurgan who gave me yet another great deal on the K Member.

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
Here you go, this is what it looked like with the stock A-Arms and QA1, bought it brand new from MPH in 05, so maybe the new ones are different, I did end up shaving the ends off where you bolt them up to the K Member cause they rubbed on it if that makes any difference
m7z8r4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info