Worked up my 1st 300 loads

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Just finished my 1st 50 rounds for my .300. Hornady Amax 208gr, 72gr of reloder 22 and CCI mag primers.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
208 is a pretty heavy slug. Going for distance or hunting or perhaps both? What'd you end up doing to the cases, bullets etc? Better you than me shooting that, I wouldn't be surprised if you're over .75 each to reload them.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
The Amax is a good target and hunting round. Sad part is, It is no longer available. I bought a buddies supply. The next best thing to this pill is a ELD, but Hornady lists none of the 208 ELDs as a hunting round, Just a bit of a different tip and BC, so I'll still use it.

I kneck checked all the casings. More less just saw if they all chambered in my riffle. Out of 100 rounds, I had two that I had to resize.

I set my rounds up to fall into the lands by .005. My total length is 3.520. Since my riffle is newer, it has a smaller mag, so I had to shorten them up, compared to an older riffle.

I paid $30 for 100 pills of the Amax 208, $22 for a pound of reloder 22 and $33 for 1000 CCI mag primers.

From everything put forth, I'm at about 2950 FPS with this load.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom