• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Wiring for Additional Fuel Pumps

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I had mentioned this in a thread long ago but I fear it was overlooked.

I was prompted to make this topic based on seeing Blown3.8's work on MM.net. (passing wires through a bulkhead then filling with epoxy.)

Im not knocking his work by any means, I just know epoxy can crack over time and can lead to leaks.

I use this product on my own Marauder and it works great!
Racetronix - Universal Bulkhead Wiring System, 4-Way

bwcs-001.jpg

You drill a small hole, insert the fitting and its held on by a spring clip on the other side. The o-ring is resistant to gas and oil. (and E85)

Just thought id share. :wavey:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Yep. Mine are dual Walbro 340's in a modified stock pump hat in-tank. Some of us are making enough power where we need the extra flow; but don't want to do a large external pump like an Aeromotive, Weldon, etc.

so do your 2 pumps y together in the tank to one fuel line? I thought about doing multiple pumps for e85 use since I was told that a 255 is only good for mid 400whp on e85 but i ended up finding that the aromotive in tank 340 fit so i went with that for now

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
so do your 2 pumps y together in the tank to one fuel line? I thought about doing multiple pumps for e85 use since I was told that a 255 is only good for mid 400whp on e85 but i ended up finding that the aromotive in tank 340 fit so i went with that for now

Yes, they Y together to a larger single fuel line, and exit the pump hat through a -8AN bulkhead fitting. The FPR return line attaches to what used to be the stock feed line. Still retains the factory siphon jet pump system too so there are no issues with the gas gauge reading 1/2 full but sucking the passenger side of the tank dry while the drivers side remains full. My whole approach to this car is to be a fast street car while getting good gas mileage and not sacrificing any creature comforts or conveniences. I was going to go with dual Walbro 400's but I already had these 255's left over from a previous project and they will support the power I plan to make for the time being.

I agree that there just isn't any reason to resort to using epoxy or anything else to try to reseal the tank after drilling or cutting holes in it. There are so many methods out there that are inexpensive, seal the tank as well as OEM, and are fuel resistant to resort to halfassing it. I seen one guy who stuck a Bosch 044 pump in his by holesawing through the top of his stock pump hat and then just JB welded the top of the pump in place. lol. Terrible application and the pump was physically WAY too large for the area it was stuck in that it not only stuck out of the tank but also out of the sheet metal under the rear seat too.

massacre

Regular
May 25, 2011
I always admired how you modified the hat/wiring to run return-style.

Thanks for posting!

My car was already return-style from the factory so I didn't have to modify much.

I'm still impressed that modern cars run electric wires inside of a tank full of gasoline/vapors. In the old days that never would have happened lol.

NATEHAWKMM

Mar 12, 2012
Im the car you all speak of....We did not any in case do a hack job....The wires pass thru the bulk head fitting....The fitting has a ring that seals it to the fuel hat. But to be honest I did end up after a few weeks with a leak and im sure the epoxy did crack. I'll order one of these asap for a leak proof fit. I didnt know about this harness b/c I would have ordered it in a heart beat. We just didnt have any other ideas at the time. Thanks for posting this link again Zack, I appreciate it....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info