wiring a BAP

bugsyc

Reaction score
When installing a new 40amp kenne belle BAP.Do you all think the wiring upgrade that lightning and others are selling is necessary?Or if your putting a new one in,you might as well upgrade the wiring???I guess it can't hurt..

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Put a GSS342 pump in and sell the BAP.

To answer your question, a wiring upgrade is not necessary if you use it......at your power level.

Bodyman

Reaction score
Put a GSS342 pump in and sell the BAP.

To answer your question, a wiring upgrade is not necessary if you use it......at your power level.

Totally agree with Zack. Less things to fail, I had a BAP fail & think it was cause of a pump failure also.

OP
bugsyc

bugsyc

Reaction score
GSS342 pump and no BAP...I have a Ford GT superpump I was going to use with the Bap on an eatonized stock Marauder engine with 39lb injectors..

OP
bugsyc

bugsyc

Reaction score

NATEHAWKMM

Reaction score
I used the racetronix harness and upgraded all wiring. Dual GT pumps with a 40amp BAP and my data logging was dead on now. With just the one GT pump I was leaning out. And I'm using 60lb injectors.

turtleman

Reaction score
Sorry, what kinda car is this for and whatnot?

Once you have the BAP in there, the wires that matter are the ground/main positive to the BAP and the wire from it to the pump should be decent 12gauge or so. Pump ground wouldn't hurt to get something bigger but not super critical.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sorry, what kinda car is this for and whatnot?

Once you have the BAP in there, the wires that matter are the ground/main positive to the BAP and the wire from it to the pump should be decent 12gauge or so. Pump ground wouldn't hurt to get something bigger but not super critical.
Its for a 2003 or 2004 Mercury Marauder. 32 valve and I believe he is doing an Eaton swap.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Just cut the white wire at the inertia switch and wire it in.
You've been planning this project for literally 5 years now....just finish already!

LANDY

Reaction score
Like Zack said. Wire the BAP before the fpdm. Its crazy. how amy people still wire them after it.

OP
bugsyc

bugsyc

Reaction score
Long,long project

Really only 2 years.If you (Zack) were closer it would already be done.But,I hear ya,it's that time already.Just want to get it right..

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Really only 2 years.If you (Zack) were closer it would already be done.But,I hear ya,it's that time already.Just want to get it right..
May I suggest you read the dozens of other threads started on every topic regarding an Eaton swap, rather than starting new threads everytime. Lol

OP
bugsyc

bugsyc

Reaction score
OK,but I bet others have picked up knowledge from my questions..I know you're the man Z and as I said I just wish you lived closer..Peace

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom