Wireless Charging Pad for Smartphones?

Marko

Reaction score
Which wireless charging pads are you guys using?

Marko

Reaction score
How about for the iPhone 8?

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think a qi charging pad should work regardless of the brand. I’ve considered getting one but my iPhone 8+ battery lasts forever and I mainly just charge in the car where it needs to be plugged in for CarPlay, and on my nightstand while I sleep.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
I think a qi charging pad should work regardless of the brand. I’ve considered getting one but my iPhone 8+ battery lasts forever and I mainly just charge in the car where it needs to be plugged in for CarPlay, and on my nightstand while I sleep.
I’ve been using one on my night stand that I initially just put there to test out before taking it to work and I have to say it’s nice not having to dick with the cord while tired at night or half asleep still in the morning.

I’ve been using this one and have no issues charging with the thicker Spigen case I have on my 8plus.

Seneo iPhone X Wireless Charger, Fast Wireless Charging Pad Stand (NO AC Adapter) for Galaxy Note 8 S8 S8 Plus S7 Edge S7 S6 Edge Plus Note 5, Standard Charge for iPhone X iPhone 8 iPhone 8 Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0IL0QX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ae0gAbRN8NG62

Marko

Reaction score
Some of those charging pads say it’s standard charging for the iPhone. Fast charge for the other phones like Samsung.

Do they make fast chargers for the iPhone

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
just the standard samsung one. not a fast charger, but i keep it at work in case i forget to plug in at night. i should get a fast charging pad for at home.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Some of those charging pads say it’s standard charging for the iPhone. Fast charge for the other phones like Samsung.

Do they make fast chargers for the iPhone
I believe the capability isn’t unlocked with software yet. They are still testing longevity of fast wireless charging

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
longevity :rofl: trade that bitch in every 2-3 years. fuk it!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I ordered this guy

I have one of these, and what I believe to be a knockoff. The "real" one works well the knockoff not so much. I will say that I like it, since it seems that microUSB is a horrible connector for durability.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got the wireless charger pad, cables, and car charger from Samsung for $40 shipped. Works great! My wife bought a wireless charger from Amazon for her iPhone X and just got it in the mail today. Will see if it's good.

Gamble

Reaction score
Just an FYI the latest update 11.2 unlocks quicker 7.5w charging for iPhones
I did the 11.2 and it still seems slow. Unless you need an apple specific charger ?

Also a few times now I throw my 8 on my wireless mophie charger and its charging and i wake up and it doesn't have a full charge. :angrys00ls: Not sure why but it's pissing me off

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Theoretically it’s faster than the Apple 5w corded charger that comes with the phone. I guess you’d have to make sure your wireless charger is capable of at least 7.5w

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom