• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Winter 3V Mods/Upgrades

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah that's true. Never had issues with 3rd or 4th. 2nd sucked at high RPM. Why so high though? Is it cammed?

No cams. No idea why. Like i said, i bought the car with all the bolt ons but the P/O didnt leave the programmer with the car.

At least it doesnt sound like it has cams, although it does have fancy ford racing laser etched valve covers :pedobear:

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Put resonators right before the over axle piping. It really cleans up the sound.

Oh and I've always read that LT's were a waste of money on 3v's. There really isn't too much power to be gained once you go to an OR x or h pipe.

I dont care what anyone says, LT's vs stock manifolds with aftermarket mid pipe, LT's win everytime.

What they're really trying to say is...their panties are in a bunch because they spent $1000 or more to have headers installed and only gain 25hp.

Its not like the LT's are making you lose power, so how are they a waste of money?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Put resonators right before the over axle piping. It really cleans up the sound.

Oh and I've always read that LT's were a waste of money on 3v's. There really isn't too much power to be gained once you go to an OR x or h pipe.

:dunno: shaved more time off my ET than any other mod. But I DID go from a catted H on a shorty header, to an OR H with LTs.

I was cutting 1.6x on a 17" ET Street bias, but im a banger car.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I dont care what anyone says, LT's vs stock manifolds with aftermarket mid pipe, LT's win everytime.

What they're really trying to say is...their panties are in a bunch because they spent $1000 or more to have headers installed and only gain 25hp.

Its not like the LT's are making you lose power, so how are they a waste of money?

You aren't going to gain 25 hp over an off road mid pipe. The restriction is in the mid pipe and not the headers. The OEM manifolds flow very well.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You aren't going to gain 25 hp over an off road mid pipe. The restriction is in the mid pipe and not the headers. The OEM manifolds flow very well.

I didnt say 25hp over a mid pipe. I said just 25hp in general. From bone stock to LTs with o/r x or H, 25 hp.

People these days are so use to seeing magazines bolt on spray and gain 100 hp for less than $1000 that they get pissed when they drop that money on something else and dont make 100 more hp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info