• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Winter 3V Mods/Upgrades

You could be John Force and 500whp isn't going to net you a 128 trap in a full weight S197.

No

But Tim Wilkersons shop is down the street from my house
does that count

That's pretty much where I'm at. To be quite honest, I really don't care about having the fastest car. My day's of going to the track are over. In my early 20's I pretty much spent every other weekend at Union Grove. I also remember seeing brand new FOX Mustangs at the dealership! I just want to take the car out on nice days bang the gears a little bit and have some fun. ;)+10000000000000000

Thats really where I am at
Im building the car I could never have or ever afford when I was 18
Im in it for the fun, And a little speed will be nice
Hell the 5.0 ( built and FI) is the real way to go for the money and the end results.
But this old slow 3 v just may have a few tricks up its sleeve in the end.
Im looking forward to getting up north and meeting up with some of you guys

Ill probably never trap 128
But you gotta have goals and dreams
And it did sound good didn't it

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
If you are interested I have the 17" darkstars with the m/t front runners. Used twice. Only used them until my Weld RT-S wheels came in. And I can get you a great deal on new rear wheels and tires as well.

Thanks for the offer, I already have the Racestars for the back and in regular chrome. I'd be looking for 15" regular stars for the front so it would match.
:wink:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks for the offer, I already have the Racestars for the back and in regular chrome. I'd be looking for 15" regular stars for the front so it would match.
:wink:

ok gotcha.

How much you sellin them for?

They are the 17" version with 26x7.5-17 Hoosier Pro Street Radials, hub centric rings and McGard chrome plated steel lug nuts and stainless steel washers. The set up with mounting and road force balancing was over $1,100. Looking to get $750 if I can in the next week or so. Otherwise I will wait till spring and try to get $850 or more.

I refuse to use the crap lug nuts and washers RaceStar and others sell. The soft aluminum lug nuts strip out easily as well as gall up the wheel studs. And the washer are too large to fit the machined surface of the wheel. So you catch the lip of the casting and the washers do not seat against the wheel properly. The McGard fit correct and made with MUCH better materials. I literally drove to the track twice with them. So 450 miles and 7 1/4 mile passes on them. No scratches or anything. They are like new.

184178_2050581261400_1017325978_n.jpg

225862_2050582621434_465621583_n.jpg

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
ok gotcha.

They are the 17" version with 26x7.5-17 Hoosier Pro Street Radials, hub centric rings and McGard chrome plated steel lug nuts and stainless steel washers. The set up with mounting and road force balancing was over $1,100. Looking to get $750 if I can in the next week or so. Otherwise I will wait till spring and try to get $850 or more.

I refuse to use the crap lug nuts and washers RaceStar and others sell. The soft aluminum lug nuts strip out easily as well as gall up the wheel studs. And the washer are too large to fit the machined surface of the wheel. So you catch the lip of the casting and the washers do not seat against the wheel properly. The McGard fit correct and made with MUCH better materials. I literally drove to the track twice with them. So 450 miles and 7 1/4 mile passes on them. No scratches or anything. They are like new.

184178_2050581261400_1017325978_n.jpg

225862_2050582621434_465621583_n.jpg
lil outta my price range wish i could take them off your hands but i must say that is one DAMN SEXY MUSTANG you got there

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
Finally found some data on the blower upgrade I'm planning on doing. This is from Anderson Ford Motorsports, they did a comparison on the vortech blowers. The car they used is setup very close to my own so I'm expecting the same results.

Wasn't sure if I was gonna go to the YSI or the JT but after looking at the comparison the JT is FTW... Should pickup about 50hp and almost 50 in torque with the swap for about the cost of a cam and spring upgrade after I sell my SI blower head. Intake air temps will decrease with the larger blower as an added benefit Vs. the SI I have now.

The YSI you would think being the higher end would perform alot better but it's not much more on the upper end and looses to the JT on the lower end.

jt.jpg
PicJT.jpg

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
May be making a change to the upgrade plan, looks like the Novi Paxton may be a better alternative to the V7 JT upgrade that's in the plans. From what I understand so far, the JT V7 and the Paxton 2200 are Identical in performance. What tipping the direction is the 2200 has a version called the 2200SL for self lubricating, the Vortech Jt would need to have oil lines run. With the Paxton it would be a simple swap, just placed an email to the dealer to make sure bracketry would be the same and need to know the inlet diameter.

Settling on this swap I'm going to need to upgrade the single nozzel snowkit to a dual and add a KB Bap to the GT 500 dual pumps. Hopefully will finish this by Feb, and then off to DynotuneMP in March for a couple weeks for a few other tweeks.

Anybody running either of these 2 blowers please give me your opinions.

Hope to win a lot of burgers from you 3v guys come this spring :hk:

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
Have you thought about e85? You could do away with the alky injection all together

E85 agreed is a better way to go when looking for all out power, just to far into this for that change. I pretty comfortable with the meth setup and it's primarily a street car. Since it's a 3v computer controlled cam timing we can build a bit of safety into the tune without putting on edge dependent meth. Sure your leaving some hp on the table but you can always run a race gas tune if wanting to push it for a PB slip. I'm not sure what the cost a gallon is for E85 anymore but I know it's going up and harder to find, not the best since I drive the car to work all the time.

One thing we do know though, E85 is safer than injecting meth when running on raggid edge. You will never be able to spread the meth evenly into each intake runner if injecting before the TB which can cause detonation in 1 or more cylinders. One solution to that is the Vampire knock retard unit which can advance or retard spark in any single or bank of cylinders.

If I ever get the chance to build a 5.0 coyote it will be E85 twin turbo for sure.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Ah I have quit a few stations around that have it, and its normally a minimum of 30 cents a gallon cheaper than regular around here, I love the stuff but it does keep me from taking the car on long runs I only get 200 miles to a tank with it and I'm afraid of running out and not being able to find a station

Ah I have quit a few stations around that have it, and its normally a minimum of 30 cents a gallon cheaper than regular around here, I love the stuff but it does keep me from taking the car on long runs I only get 200 miles to a tank with it and I'm afraid of running out and not being able to find a station

Not a big deal if you have a portable tuner and 2 tunes. I plane on running E85. I'll carry my SCT and load the 93 tune if I can't get E85 on the road

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Little late to the game.

Hopefully should by spring have...

Programmer with tune (previous owner didnt leave it with the car:roflpicard:)
Some sort of aftermarket wheels and a set of drag radials for the stockers for track duty
LCA's
UCA
QA1's

Really just want to get the most ET out of the power i have now.

I'm gonna set a realistic goal of 13.0

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Little late to the game.

Hopefully should by spring have...

Programmer with tune (previous owner didnt leave it with the car:roflpicard:)
Some sort of aftermarket wheels and a set of drag radials for the stockers for track duty
LCA's
UCA
QA1's

Really just want to get the most ET out of the power i have now.

I'm gonna set a realistic goal of 13.0

Get long tubes too and you could crack mid 12s no problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info