3800 windows media problem.

my windows media is the most current version, and i have all my updates (win xp).

the problem I am having with windows media player, is that when I try to play .mpg files from the internet, it will crash. it doesn't crash if i download the file to my harddrive, and play it from there. it seems to crash only when it trys to play the file, and it doesn't have the whole file. It used to work that way before. The file would play as it was downloading.

anyone else have this problem? should i uninstall it and reinstall it?

Thanks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I haven't used either since XP was installed, so I'm uncertain about the wdm drivers. As far as checking, I'd pull Acrobat reader off first to check. I had more problems with that than Photoshop. Personally, I haven't been able to open a file before it is completly downloaded either with the upgraded player. I wonder if it also may have something with registry settings on your windows temp file that may have been changed with the install. This has been posted before, but the xptweaks site has some good registry tweaks for problems like this. Just don't forget to save your previous settings just in case. I had to do a clean boot after a registry tweak gone south.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Do you have divx? If not, download divx from www.divx.com and get the latest version. It has codecs in it. I have found that winamp, quicktime, video lan center, or real player run the movies better, sometimes the codecs lie within the software (ie: quicktime, winamp) So try using one of those programs. I use quicktime, but like i said before, i dont get any errors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list