Windows 10 local user and RDP at the same time?

GTvert90

Reaction score
Is this possible? I've got a pretty stout HTPC set-up. Can someone be using it to watch Plex/Netflix/whatever on one user while I'm logging in under my name remotely and running backups, converting video, whatever? Built in RDP logs the other user out. Any 3rd party programs capable of this ?

GTvert90

Reaction score

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
You'd need to use Windows Server if you want a local console user and a RD user connected and active at the same time.

Keep in mind that with Windows 10, you can have multiple local users logged in, but only one can be active on the console at a time. However, the other sessions can still be active and run things in the background while a different user is on the console.

GTvert90

Reaction score
You'd need to use Windows Server if you want a local console user and a RD user connected and active at the same time.

Keep in mind that with Windows 10, you can have multiple local users logged in, but only one can be active on the console at a time. However, the other sessions can still be active and run things in the background while a different user is on the console.
I might look into this. Thank you

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Why though? Just have Plex running on the main login in the background and do your stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom