Window tint recommendation’s

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I want to ask the TCG guru’s. Who do you know or who can you recommend window tinting services? Does anyone know of a mobile window tint service? Looking to get two windows on my Expedition and all windows on my wife’s car.

Thanks for your help peeps.

EMJ in Montgomery
IMG_1435.jpg

This place was recommended by a customer and best prices around with lifetime warranty. Has been around since 2014 and the guy drives a lambo. He has laser cut machine that cuts the tint. Very clean and professional and local.

• Haha
Reactions: DanJ and Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

EMJ in Montgomery
View attachment 148405

This place was recommended by a customer and best prices around with lifetime warranty. Has been around since 2014 and the guy drives a lambo. He has laser cut machine that cuts the tint. Very clean and professional and local.
Drives a Lambo and uses a machine to make his cuts means what? The prep on tint like paint is where its at. I can drive a Lambo and use a computer to cut my tint. But if I dont prep the glass correctly, then my fancy machine and fancy car dont mean dick.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Drives a Lambo and uses a machine to make his cuts means what? The prep on tint like paint is where its at. I can drive a Lambo and use a computer to cut my tint. But if I dont prep the glass correctly, then my fancy machine and fancy car dont mean dick.

It means he also does high line cars and he uses the machine to get perfect cuts of the window tint to fit the glass . He has been around since 2014 it’s not a tint shop that is around a few years and closes. His window tint shop also does home window tinting. If you are so worried about his prep work maybe u should take a ride and check out his work. Again he gives a lifetime warranty which is plus since I looked around and some places only offered a few years of warranty. His prices are fair I called around and his prices were fair compared to others that covid tax has these prices high for window tint.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It means he also does high line cars and he uses the machine to get perfect cuts of the window tint to fit the glass . He has been around since 2014 it’s not a tint shop that is around a few years and closes. His window tint shop also does home window tinting. If you are so worried about his prep work maybe u should take a ride and check out his work. Again he gives a lifetime warranty which is plus since I looked around and some places only offered a few years of warranty. His prices are fair I called around and his prices were fair compared to others that covid tax has these prices high for window tint.
I have friends that have owned tint shops for 15ish years and the other over 20yrs. Both give you lifetime warranties, and neither drives a Lambo or uses a laser to cut tint. I’m not worried about his prep work, I’m just saying your paying more for some bullshit laser cut tint.

Reactions: Marko

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I have machine cut ceramic on one of my cars. The fit and precision is great, takes the human variable out of it. Have hand cut on the other car but it’s on point thankfully.

Also no chance of blade damage, which a good tinter shouldn’t do but ya never know.

Seems the ceramic you can see better out of at night, I hardly notice it’s there. We’ll see next summer how it does rejecting heat.

Reactions: guspech750

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Ceramic tint vs. Standard tint, is the ceramic worth it?
I popped for the extra and just got ceramic on both my vehicles, it's worth it IMO.

Especially if you have a leather dash like i do on my Jeep, didnt want to risk UV destroying that. It does keep the inside cooler too during the hot summers.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I went ceramic on my Camaro cuz my tint guy was cool and gave it to me for the regular price. He said the normal stuff would end up bubbling off the back window eventually and where I have no ac it'll help keep it cool. So far zero complaints and I had a brow done in the windshield to compensate for taking the torn up visors out of it too

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Dont know if this was a joke post or not, but the dash on these model jeeps are 100% leather. Already had mine done under warranty because of the bubbling UV caused, don't want to have to go through that PITA again.

I’m messing with you and yes they have alot of problems with that material.

Reactions: VenomousDSG

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Ceramic tint vs. Standard tint, is the ceramic worth it?

I’ve had a tint guy at the dealership I worked at that we used for over 12 years for tint and never had any issues with regular tint. I didn’t feel like driving that far and the new place I went to the owner basically told me if you want to over pay I’ll take your money on the ceramic, but you will never notice the difference with regular tint that I give a lifetime warranty. I appreciated his honesty and he didn’t try to upsell me like every other place I got a quote from.

Reactions: sktchy

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Ceramic film is 100% noticeable and worth it if you're seeking heat rejection.
It won't look any different from regular film and no matter what tint you get it should come with a lifetime warranty.

I had 35% ceramic all around on my last car and it was great, especially noticeable when stuck in traffic with the sun beating down.
I had the windshield done a bit later with 50% ceramic and it was a night and day difference getting in to the car after leaving it parked in the sun all day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info