Will's first nice car since his mystic cobra 15 years ago. Euro edition

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
First off I apologize for my hiatus . My new job with Medline has been beyond hectic with travel and a total 180 degree turn from what I used to do. The job has allotted me to finally spend some hard earned money and purchase things I could only window shop before. So with out further adieu, here she is!

2016 Audi S5 Prestige
4,200 miles
3.0 S/C 6 CYL
Loaded with all the fun stuff like sport diff and adaptable suspension
Glacier white
S tronic 7 speed DSG
Carbon Atlas inlays

Future plans are to store it for winter because they offered me $1,700 for my Saab 9-3 haha.

But in reality I ordered the APR intake and a few other CF bits to tinker with. Eventually I will wake it up with Stage 1 and ECS full exhaust which I may have already purchased.

Anyways picked her up last Monday and immediately had it tinted 20% last night.
View attachment 46652

View attachment 46653

Got a bit of guff from the significant other due to the " utility " of it where I quickly shot that notion down. Straight to damn IKEA

View attachment 46654

View attachment 46655

Took three chair boxes like a champ!
Oh this is sexy. I might sort of be following in your foot steps. :D. Nice pickup

Reactions: Mook

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Got a lot more shit for this than I thought but I put the S5 to rest today. Just no use to get it all messed up on a 80mile round trip drive behind a salt truck. That’s why I have the 4x4 Sierra or the Saab on blizzacks for .

Spring calls for full ECS exhaust , RS5 Grill , and APR stage 1 tune.

image.jpg

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Quick update on the S5 and I look at it in the garage.

Threw some RS6 19x10's wrapped in summer P Zeros
IMG_0247.JPG

Back end received an ECS tuning rear carbon diffuser I scored from a local Audi Member for cheap.

IMG_0555.PNG

I decided it should have a little bit of an exhaust note so I went with an ECS tuning X pipe that only requires two cuts to the factory exhaust and can be reverted to stock easily
IMG_1131.jpg

Lastly I got motivated this past warm weekend and decided to Install the RS5 grille and Maxton Design front splitter.
63DABB58-1E70-406A-9C48-9E885FFDDA11.JPG

I have been layering black paint on the crash bar and routing the hoses for the new heat exchanger. With it all apart as it sits I will swap the pulley and the car will finally be stage 2 to match the TCU flash . Wow what a difference.

46644BA8-BDF6-440E-B3B4-B07C0296626B.jpg

The car now has about 5,100 miles on it and pretty much destroyed the aftermarket warranty I bought. The good news is it went from 329 BHP / 339 BTQ to 453 BHP / 469 BHP . Weee !

Next are the H&R springs and ECS Trans mount and I am DONE.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Goddamn. Those maxton design splitters look great. I don’t know the S5 platform at all, but is there a reason you’re not doing the motor mount too? I put poly Black Forest Industries motor and trans mounts in my GTI and the responsiveness is great.

I probably should in hindsight, I would have to see how the labor on that would be .

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I probably should in hindsight, I would have to see how the labor on that would be .

I did mine at the same time so I can’t say for sure. Just seems like it would be a weak link. On the MQB cars the motor mount is easy, but the trans mount is under a really tight wire harness so you have to use extensions and a swivel to get to it.

Also... Extendo!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I did mine at the same time so I can’t say for sure. Just seems like it would be a weak link. On the MQB cars the motor mount is easy, but the trans mount is under a really tight wire harness so you have to use extensions and a swivel to get to it.

Also... Extendo!
Gonna need to do that on mine this summer. I bet theyre toast.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I keep forgetting you have that baller HPA dog bone setup... or that mine has poly in it also. I’d think that would limit some of the mount destroying movement but who knows. I had the insert in my dog bone mount week one and my mounts still had more play in them than I would have expected.

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Got the front end buttoned up and the heat exchanger plumbed up. Flashed her to stage 1 as the pulley puller I had wasn't working so hot so I will need to pop the front end off and put the bitch back into service position. I am ok with this because I can cruise her in stage 1 for a few weeks and get a feel for the new power knowing stage 2 is just a heavy afternoon's worth of labor away.

Also thinking of pulling the yellow Lamin-x fog tint. I just don't know if I like it

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Thread Info