3800 Will this buff out??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So yesterday I went to Michigan to pick up the Regal. I left a little late but got the check and picked Jacque up to drive a car back for me. We made some pretty good time even with construction and traffic once we got closer to where the car was. (detroit suburb). We get there. I take the car out for a drive. The thing runs smooth and rides like a wet dream. Needs a little bit of an alignment but other then that the car was pretty fucking sweet. I sealed the deal and bought the car.

Not less then 30 minutes after buying the car we start looking for a Walmart to buy 2 ways instead of using our cell phones to talk to each other. We start going through Sterling Heights and some 17-18 year old kid swerves in front of me as Im doing 40MPH. He gets in my lane and I smack his passanger side front door with my driver side front corner in the Grand Prix. THANK GOD I wasnt driving the Regal. We pull off and I get out. We made sure everyone was ok. A guy waiting at the bus stop decided to shout "Welcome to Michigan" as he was looking at my IL plates. Fuckface. :lolsign:

He admited fault right away which was good. Lets see if he stays that way when the cop shows up. We waited a good 30 minutes before one shows up. He comes and takes our info and gets our statements. The kid still said it was his fault. Sweet. Cut and dry deal. The cop gives me my info back and a little ticket thing that he said to give to the shop that fixes the car to deal with the insurance. I didnt think that was good enough so I got the kids # and insurance name and policy # as well. The cop said that he thought the car looked safe to drive home. I checked for leaking fluids and a punctured radiator. Found neither. So we started back off.

After leaving the scene I was still freaked out a bit and the car felt funny to me. So we stopped again and found a walmart. Made a few phone calls and got others opinions on what to do. I was going to try and get 2 new tires swapped on the front since they looked to be in VERY bad shape and might not make it. They closed 10 minutes before and wouldnt help. :angry: So we went across the parking lot to Applebees to get dinner and let my nerves calm more along with traffic. Its already 8PM our time, 9PM there. Called Paul to see what he thought and maybe we knew someone in the area we could leave the GP at and get it at a later date. We did but he couldnt be reached. :( So it was either try to go with both cars, or go with the Regal and get home at 2AM just to head back in the morning with a truck and trailor to get the GP. I had a good gut feeling the GP had some fight left in her so we forged ahead.

With the small little interstate changes I kept the speed around 55-60 since there were about 4 of them within a 60 mile trip. As soon as we hit 94 west we pulled over to gas up the GP and top off the Regal. (that bitch ended the trip with 32MPG. WOOT WOOT!!! WAY better then the GT) Checked the tires and they appeared fine along with everything else. Continued on 94 for a ways. Michigan felt like it lasted forever. Made a few stops to get out and stretch and see something else then the back of a semi for me and the back of the GP for Jacque. Tires looked to be holding. We just might make it.

Finally we got out of Michigan. WOOT!! Fuck Michigan. I never want to go there again if I can help it. I needed to give Jacque some money for tolls since we will roll though Indiana within an hour and IL tolls would be coming up. We stopped off in Michigan City (Fucking Michigan) to give her some $ and check the tires. Now there are some spots of rubber missing and wires exposed. The GP had officially ended the trip under its own power.

I called my insurance CO and used my roadside assistance since we were 8X miles away from home. They said that I had to file a claim since it had been in an accident hours earlier and the damages that kept it from running might have been caused by that. Well, since it wasnt my fault I did not want to file through my insurance. They then said Ill have to pay for the tow and go through the other guys insurance for reimbursement. Now its 2AM and Im out of options. There are some crazy looking people walking around and I dont wanna be here any longer. Fine. I pay for the tow and am told it should be an hour wait.

An hour and 45 minutes later the tow truck arrives. Its not a flat bed. DAMN! Ohh well. I talk to the driver and we get the car loaded up. I tell him Ill meet him at my place and then he proceeds to tell me he has no directions. All the dispatcher said was the town and state. FUCK!!!!!!! Now I have to do 65-70 with a tow truck and my other car behind me at 3:45AM.

So we truck onward to home. Arriving at 5:15AM. Finally. I had the driver drop the car in my parking lot and said Ill take it from here since I park under my apartment complex in the garage. Drove both cars inside. Took Jacque home. Came back and passed out.

Here are the pics of the carnage.

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

On the phone with the insurance CO trying to get home. We were so obnoxiously tired at this point.
IMG_1177.jpg

Thanking the mighty GT that wanted to and got me as far as it did.
IMG_1178.jpg

Ohh, and we were going to pick gabby up from my moms in the Regal today. Doing 65 in the left lane. Not fucking around at all. All of a sudden everyone slams on their brakes. I quickly slam on mine but the car in front of me is rapidly approaching. I swerve to the left into the shoulder and the other driver starts to as well. Im like "holy shit not again". I go meer inches from the wall and the other driver quickly went back into the left lane and I miss both the wall and the other car. We stopped right next to the lady who appeared to be shitting kittens. GXP suspension + 12" Fbody brakes + my Grand Tourismo driving FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, Ive been joking about getting into an accident to get a new hood for 3 years. It finally happens when Im about to sell the car. LOL. The car isnt worth that much. Thats quite a bit of damage and I know either a tie rod or end link took a shit in the crash as well along with who knows what else. They might just total it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Damn, that sucks fish, fucking newbs. My dad has a body shop in schaumburg if you wanted to bring it by there but honestly, it looks like it might be totaled.

Remember if they total it, take those wheels off and put your broken ones on and anything else you can salvage.
[/b]

Where is your dads shop?? Do I have to make an appointment or should I just bring the car there?? Hopfully its not far and it will make it on the tires. If I stick to side streets I should be good. Dont want to bother getting a tow there.

Also if they total it, I wont be able to drive it back correct?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Where is your dads shop?? Do I have to make an appointment or should I just bring the car there?? Hopfully its not far and it will make it on the tires. If I stick to side streets I should be good. Dont want to bother getting a tow there. [/b]

Its on Lunt Ave in Schaumburg right off the Elgin O'Hare. If you know where Speed INC, Strictly Modified or A-Spec is they are all in the same industrial area as my dads shop. A few members on here have had work done at my dads shop. You dont have to make a apointment, I probably will be there Monday if you want to stop by. Ill PM you contact info and the address if you want it.

Also if they total it, I wont be able to drive it back correct?[/b]

I dont really know what your trying to ask here but its your insurance company that makes the decision to "total" your car and write you a check. My dad can give you a good idea if its worth it to fix it before you contact the insurance though. Im not really sure on the procedure and even if you can buy your car back you will have to ask him.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
Doesnt MICH have no Fault insurance........Ive dealt with it b4 and its not fun...
[/b]

Thats what someone else told me. However the kid did admit fault to me and the cop. It is in the police report. So it shouldnt be that hard of a problem.
[/b][/quote]

Fish, sorry to hear about the car. And sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

As for the insurance it applies only when you rear end someone. Even if they slam on the brakes because they are stupid you get the ticket. They claim it is to keep you from following to close. Otherwise the insurance runs like normal the person at fault is to blame and then you take it to their insurance.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Doesnt MICH have no Fault insurance........Ive dealt with it b4 and its not fun...
[/b]

Thats what someone else told me. However the kid did admit fault to me and the cop. It is in the police report. So it shouldnt be that hard of a problem.
[/b][/quote]

Fish, sorry to hear about the car. And sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

As for the insurance it applies only when you rear end someone. Even if they slam on the brakes because they are stupid you get the ticket. They claim it is to keep you from following to close. Otherwise the insurance runs like normal the person at fault is to blame and then you take it to their insurance.
[/b][/quote]

Not a big deal Ryan. Im kinda glad. That more or less went with my gut to keep driving. I would have liked to be safe and got home 3-4 hours earlier but I wouldnt have liked to come back to trailor the car home.

I also found out that my Regal was originally owned by Dave Winterhalter (WPI performance). I guess he also lives in Sterling Heights. :lolsign: Small world.

Mike, hook it up with some info. Ill try to bring the car over early this week. I need to clean it out and I want to take the stereo and PAC box for the steering wheel controls. I really dont care for the Kenwood thats in the Regal at this time. LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info