Will installing HID's void warranty?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
If you were that worried about it you could always swap them out before taking it in. Isn't there a law that covers this? Something about unless a failure is a direct result of the modification they still have to honor the warranty? So unless the HIDs fried your headlight harness or melted the housings they would have to still cover other mechanical issues.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Check into those to make sure they have "real" high beams. The HIDs I bought years ago said they had high beams but, instead, had very dim, useless lights they somehow called high beams. I thought you need two ballasts per light for real high beams but that may have changed? It's been a while since I installed mine.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Check into those to make sure they have "real" high beams. The HIDs I bought years ago said they had high beams but, instead, had very dim, useless lights they somehow called high beams. I thought you need two ballasts per light for real high beams but that may have changed? It's been a while since I installed mine.

I will, it's all integrated into the one bulb. So far I've heard good things about the setup and they had a DIY setup vid and it seems easy as hell.

I guess, I'll have to ask about the relay kit.

You guys are going to love the HIDs!! The kit is sick because it integrates High beam function into the bulb. Looks great on my se. Just make sure you get the Relay kit unless you want to do some modifications, since the base kit doesnt come with the right connectors to the 3 pin HL connection.

:rofl: I am clueless on HID's. They were a sponsor on a Hyundai forum, and everything seemed legit and easy enough :dunno:

I'll look into that place

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The best kits are plug and play where the kit plugs directly into your headlight plug. Then you find somewhere to mount the ballasts and done. On my Cobra, I took off the radiator cover and found some nice niches on the side of the radiator for the ballasts. Screwed them into existing holes and you couldn't see the install once I put the cover back on.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The best kits are plug and play where the kit plugs directly into your headlight plug. Then you find somewhere to mount the ballasts and done. On my Cobra, I took off the radiator cover and found some nice niches on the side of the radiator for the ballasts. Screwed them into existing holes and you couldn't see the install once I put the cover back on.

They're all plug and play but I would not plug them directly into the stock wiring. Using a fused wiring harness that plugs into stock harness is best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info