• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Will HIDs dim

jtorres678

Apr 1, 2009
I have two 12" cvr's each pushing 800 peak power. And running on 1000watt amp. With a capacitor of 1farad and alternator of 120amps My lights dim some wat right now. It was worse before I got the capacitor. But still some wat do. I wanted to know. Will they still dim if I get HIDs. I bought a 35watt 8000k HID kit. Wat will happen to the lights. I hear HIDs use less power???
Please someone let me know how to also stop the dimming right now too.

Thanks

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I have two 12" cvr's each pushing 800 peak power. And running on 1000watt amp. With a capacitor of 1farad and alternator of 120amps My lights dim some wat right now. It was worse before I got the capacitor. But still some wat do. I wanted to know. Will they still dim if I get HIDs. I bought a 35watt 8000k HID kit. Wat will happen to the lights. I hear HIDs use less power???
Please someone let me know how to also stop the dimming right now too.

Thanks

The bulbs themselves will dim over time. And yes hid does use alot less juice, they pull more than regular headlights only when you power them on but that's only for a split second.

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
i have the same HID kit and for the fog lights as well. my lights dim on a hard hit but nothing noticable or worth buy capacitors for. i have 2 10" kickers and a 1k rockford amp for subs and all interiors replaced with alpine r12 speakers with a 600 rockford amp. i would say you will be fine. ever out my way swing buy ill fire it up for you to see proof. You may be better off with a battery upgrade. i use the blue marine battery from optima

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jtorres678
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list