📸 Photography Will breaks a United Airlines First Class seat

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
End of the year but we’ve all put on a few lbs , but I’ll set the scene for this mini story . Upgraded to first class there and back on a work trip to Seattle , WA. I quickly find my seat and am exhausted from walking buildings all day and just looking to kick back and sleep a portion of this 4 hour ride home . Induce a wee bit of incline, prop up the headrest and I’m EarPods in and golden . Wake up for a quick meal and adjust the seat and it felt a little funny but thought nothing of it . Ate the dish they served and back to bed . It was the gentle touch of the flight attendant who was notifying us we were beginning descent and all seats get out back and tray tables back that woke me up and prompted me to erect the seat and prep for landing . I simply pressed the button and to my surprise , the back came flying up and the seat made a pop sound and I dropped down about 4” and my knees slimmed into the seat in front of me ! I looked to my left and the older business man took off his ear muffs and declared “ did that just happen “ ? I laugh to myself and mutter a “ what the ****” and look down and sure enough , the seat brackets are completely broken off at both points and the cushion shifted all the way forward.
63101CF3-3D35-43DB-BBE6-F5C397B134BB.jpeg

At this point all I could do is ride it out for the next 15 mins as the attendants were buckled to their jump seats . We land , taxi for a bit and I raise my hand once we got to the jet bridge and when I stood up , the seat fell to the floor exposing all the innards of a plane seat . She was very apologetic and had me enter my email address on a tablet and United issued me a $125 flight credit . Fwiw I’m 233 lbs as of 6am so no fat jokes lol

F596AABB-0EC0-486E-AEDF-694295610F9E.jpeg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
TCG is now divided once again...

The recliners vs the non recliners.
For those of us over 6' tall with long legs, getting that seat back pushed into our knees is not comfortable nor appreciated. Sure, I'll take the exit row or first row if available, but as an infrequent flier on Southwest, for example, it's not easy to get those few seats with extra legroom.

If I'm irritated, I'll sometimes respond by jostling their seat every few minutes and being prepared to say, "Sorry, but my knees have nowhere else to go. You and I can trade seats if that'll help you out. Or do you have any better suggestions?":dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info