Wife hit a deer. Dash cam footage inside

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
The deer ran away after cartwheeling off the front of her Beetle. Just cosmetic damage to the bumper and hood. Deer are unpredictable, but I think she would've been better off staying in her lane or swerving right a bit. Their hooves slide on pavement if they try to turn or stop. Oh well, $100 Comp Deductible makes this easy to laugh about.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Screenshot_20210720-164611_Messages.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
First off glad she's ok and the damage is minimal. But my take away is how well that beetle stops :LOL: Don't know how fast she was going but thats impressive.
50mph zone, and she was probably around that speed. Looked like solid panic braking to me too. She takes it easier in the dark on her way to work. Probably will be doing only 20 mph through there tomorrow...?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Glad she’s okay. That was a solid hit.

That happened to my friend. Deer ran out in front of his van while he was driving about 65. Thought he killed it so he went out, prodded it, then put it in the back of the van on a tarp.

Little did he know that fucker was just dazed. It woke up and went absolutely ape shit. He had to slam on the brakes and bail out.

Called 911 to report it, so a cop could come out and put it out if its misery. When they opened the back of the van the deer had expired and the back looked like a murder scene.

Cop let him proceed. He had some nicely tenderized deer meat when he got home.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Glad she’s okay. That was a solid hit.

That happened to my friend. Deer ran out in front of his van while he was driving about 65. Thought he killed it so he went out, prodded it, then put it in the back of the van on a tarp.

Little did he know that fucker was just dazed. It woke up and went absolutely ape shit. He had to slam on the brakes and bail out.

Called 911 to report it, so a cop could come out and put it out if its misery. When they opened the back of the van the deer had expired and the back looked like a murder scene.

Cop let him proceed. He had some nicely tenderized deer meat when he got home.

glad she's alright Dan00Hawk Dan00Hawk

always always always hit the deer. deer give trees don't.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info