Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jan 30 2005, 09:31 PM
78260hv.gif

[snapback]69597[/snapback]​

Ok, I gotta go gag now.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, this thread got a little off track...Mike, I'll post pics up later tonight on ClubGP. I found an inherent problem with using WW fluid for alky injection. I bought that 14K mile blower, and pulled it apart this weekend. The WW fluid's added dye trns to powder and collects at the bearing side of the rotors, and clogs up the bearings. It'll probably contribute to premature bearing failure.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 31 2005, 02:11 PM
Well, this thread got a little off track...Mike, I'll post pics up later tonight on ClubGP. I found an inherent problem with using WW fluid for alky injection. I bought that 14K mile blower, and pulled it apart this weekend. The WW fluid's added dye trns to powder and collects at the bearing side of the rotors, and clogs up the bearings. It'll probably contribute to premature bearing failure.
[snapback]69726[/snapback]​
That's interesting to hear. I did not see any indication of that on my blower or in the bearings. Then again, I only used the injection for about 3,000 miles.

Please do post the pictures however.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Mike K+Jan 31 2005, 02:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Jan 31 2005, 02:11 PM
[snapback]69726[/snapback]​
That's interesting to hear. I did not see any indication of that on my blower or in the bearings. Then again, I only used the injection for about 3,000 miles.

Please do post the pictures however.
[snapback]69727[/snapback]​
[/b]
I'll take some pics tonight. I was a little pissed when I got into the blower and no teflon was left on the rotors, then my hands got covered in the blue crap. I'll have to flush out the rear bearings and repack them. The SC oil looked brand new though.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Kyle@Jan 31 2005, 02:53 PM
so what other options are there? do they sell that stuff without the dye at all?
[snapback]69738[/snapback]​
We only use the washer fluid for convenience Kyle. You can use an alky/ water mix with no dyes.

Ask him what fluid he was using Ron. I show no teflon missing from my rotors since using the injection other than the teflon that was already missing.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 31 2005, 04:59 PM
does anyone sell complete kits for this?

I hate contacting and piecing together parts from 10 companies....

What kind of gains are we talking about for a car like mine and yours, Ron?...if im all tuned.
[snapback]69756[/snapback]​
WHAT?

the best intercooler in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD for 3800 applications isnt good enough?

say it isnt so, Marie!!!!!

FIB, in action..... :lolsign: :lolsign:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Jan 31 2005, 05:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Jan 31 2005, 04:59 PM

What kind of gains are we talking about for a car like mine and yours, Ron?...if im all tuned.
WHAT?

the best intercooler in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD for 3800 applications isnt good enough?

[snapback]69760[/snapback]​
[/b]
None of them are. No intercooler will bring the air charge down to ambient temperature. Water/ alky can further reduce outlet temperatures and allow you to run more timing or even a smaller pulley.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 31 2005, 04:59 PM

There are some that are almost complete, but really expensive. The alky really helps cool the air down, even better with an IC. It's a little trick to get along w/o a cam or high flow heads to use both. Having the alky and an IC will shrink the air enough to get it in the ports, but your still at odds with the exhaust. So there is a limit. I expect to run a 2.6 pulley on pump gas with 22 degrees of timing on the alky. The only problem is I'll see boost pressures in excess of 16psi, so I'm chancing a head gasket blow out.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
yeah none come down to ambient by the IC setup in my 04 on a 45F night brough charged air temp around 55 - 60F.... before you all call BS this is a turbo and not that inefficient M90. :)

Originally posted by Mike K+Jan 31 2005, 06:12 PM-->
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 31 2005, 05:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

WHAT?

None of them are. No intercooler will bring the air charge down to ambient temperature. Water/ alky can further reduce outlet temperatures and allow you to run more timing or even a smaller pulley.
[snapback]69775[/snapback]​
[/b]

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by beyerch+Jan 31 2005, 09:45 PM-->
yeah none come down to ambient by the IC setup in my 04 on a 45F night brough charged air temp around 55 - 60F.... before you all call BS this is a turbo and not that inefficient M90. :)

Originally posted by Mike K@Jan 31 2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 31 2005, 05:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

WHAT?

[snapback]69775[/snapback]​
[snapback]69796[/snapback]​
[/b]
Eat it! :eek: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info