Why Moser Axles Failed

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Ive been reading the concerns on MM.net and I want to put the issue to rest.

Here is the pic of the break....thank god it happened instantly.

I got shitty with Moser right off the bat....telling them I was gonna launch an internet drama story about it if I didnt get a refund. 10 minutes later I had a full refund on my card.

They admitted fault, and here it is:

Back then, they machined all of their Marauder axles assuming there would not be ABS rings on them. Then they hardened them and boxed them up and stuck them on the shelf.
If a customer called and needed ABS rings, they would take them off the shelf, then RE-MACHINE them!!! After they were hardened!!! FAIL.

They have since corrected this major epic no no.

C.Evans

Reaction score
Thats stupid, they should've put the abs rings on all of the axles even if the customer doesn't need it.

Or do something like a 50/50 split of axles with abs rings and ones without.

Burt Ragio

Reaction score
Wow that broken axle must have sent you on a ride to hell & back. Other than Moser what other after market axles are of proven quality ?

C.Evans

Reaction score
Are you going to get a new set of Mosers now that they don't machine them after hardening?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I have since put Ford 31 splines in.

And to answer burts question, the car went a foot past the light...I went nowhere thank god.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
This happened 2 years ago BTW.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I didnt want to pay 300 bucks to get towed home so I asked if I could leave it at US41 and fix it at the track during the week. Guy said sure but wouldnt be back for 3 days...LOL.

On a strong suggestion from Justbob, I went back that night and camped out in the street to watch the car. Who would have thunk not 1, but 2 different flatbed trucks drove by the track between 2 and 4am driving REALLY slow???? They saw my other Marauder I was in and just kept on going. Crisis averted fo sho.

I went to Ford at 7am when they opened, bought some axles and went back to the track. I removed a huge portion of fencing, drove in, fixed the car and took it home.

I put the fence back in the condition I found it in though. :D

chet3310

Reaction score
Do cars get stolen that often when left overnight at that track?
Have you been there? I love the track and will continue to go there but I would do the same as Zack if I had to. It's kinda away from everything too so it would be no problem for anyone to snag a car.

lowbuckmm

Reaction score
I was there that day and saw it happen. Cause of that I don't want to risk it happening to me. So ford 31 spline are what I'm getting.

massacre

Reaction score
Wow. That could have been catastrophic!

I never understood the whole ABS ring thing. Why don't they just put them on? I was planning on some Mosers for my car(would have to send them my old axles, as it's a '93), but even though they fixed the problem, what's to say it couldn't happen again?

I might see if Yukon can make me some...

justbob

Off to never never land..
Reaction score
This happened 2 years ago BTW.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I didnt want to pay 300 bucks to get towed home so I asked if I could leave it at US41 and fix it at the track during the week. Guy said sure but wouldnt be back for 3 days...LOL.

On a strong suggestion from Justbob, I went back that night and camped out in the street to watch the car. Who would have thunk not 1, but 2 different flatbed trucks drove by the track between 2 and 4am driving REALLY slow???? They saw my other Marauder I was in and just kept on going. Crisis averted fo sho.

I went to Ford at 7am when they opened, bought some axles and went back to the track. I removed a huge portion of fencing, drove in, fixed the car and took it home.

I put the fence back in the condition I found it in though. :D
LOL I was about ready to camp in it if you weren't!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom