Why don't bikers wear proper gear when riding?

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
I wear jeans, shoes, and gloves always. Then the rest is weather related gear

If I am going to go act a fool I'll grab the lid n leather jacket

For all those that preach much wear this n that can suck a dick for all I care. It is not you so why do u care. Do you wear ur seat belt all the time? I don't get the whole debate. Concrete hurts no matter what u wear. It depends on how u crash n what gets crashed into u

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Do you wear ur seat belt all the time?

Absolutely. Why risk it? Because the seat belt is "uncomfortable"?

Concrete hurts no matter what u wear. It depends on how u crash n what gets crashed into u

I don't think the leathers and helmets have ever been claimed to make the hit on the pavement any less painful. It's going to hurt no matter what. It's whether or not your skin gets cheese-grated or your melon gets cracked open.

It's totally the bikers option. But I think the non-bikers (me) think it's crazy to ride without the protection since riding a bike is high risk.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Why do some people not wear the proper safety protection when riding a bike?

58173.jpg

Because Jesse White wants your organs!

F'n squids!

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Because then the chicks won't know how good you look when you ride by them. lol
I ride with a minimum of helmet, jacket and gloves EVERY time.
When I first started riding I thought wtf this helmet is restricting, i'm not going to wear it. It took friends dying or almost dying to realize how important it is.
I've seen people crash at 100+ mph and be able to get right back up without any injuries. Other people might crash at 25mph and hit their head and die.
Plus the helmet keeps rocks from hitting my face and bugs from splattering in my face too. I can remember one time when I was behind a dump truck filled with rocks and he hit a bump and the gate opened and a ton of rocks fell out and hit my face shield. Scratched the hell out of the shield but woulda done damage to my face.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
only reason i'm asking on a couple forums is because the 4th person i knew of passed away. no helmet, no gloves no nothing short of a hoody some jeans and normal gym shoes and his oakley sunglasses. he was doing stupid shit (as riski would say...act a fool and go :noes: )

natural selection indeed. the guy deserved it for being a fukkin moron but it still sucks for his family/kid/baby's momma

I lived in Philly and Seattle and rode for many years, always hating the helmet. Never thought twice about boots, gloves and jacket for some reason, felt natural to have them on. Moved here a few years back with no helmet law but strap that puppy on every time any way. I dono, it does feel better to ride without the skid lid but I have seen a couple wrecks and that keeps my hat on tight. If I died I wouldn't be able to drink, what a sin...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info