• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Why don't bikers wear proper gear when riding?

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
obviously, this only applies to those who don't wear a helmet (at the least). I keep seeing more and more people driving around with sunglasses shorts sandals and a t-shirt. Just wondering what the mentality is behind that choice...

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
During my motorcycle class I was amazed at how wearing a helmet makes me feel 'safe', not restricted at all honestly... I dunno why you wouldn't wear one if there is any potential of your noodle hitting the pavement doing more than 10 mph

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
you can get an open face helmet too if you are really worried about it. I imagine that you get more used to it if you wore a lid all of the time though.

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Reaction score
When I ride I wear a helmet, Gloves, Jeans and Gym Shoes... I dont wear leathers or anything like that cause its way to fucking hot... But wearing sandles hahahaha.....

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
I wear jeans, shoes, and gloves always. Then the rest is weather related gear

If I am going to go act a fool I'll grab the lid n leather jacket

For all those that preach much wear this n that can suck a dick for all I care. It is not you so why do u care. Do you wear ur seat belt all the time? I don't get the whole debate. Concrete hurts no matter what u wear. It depends on how u crash n what gets crashed into u

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wear my seat belt always. I could care less if others wear gear...you wearing a helmet or not won't affect anybody else if you crash. You're the same projectile regardless.....

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
when i had a bike i only really wore a helmet at night... i was honestly more worried about somebody not seeing me and running into me at a light or turning in front of me than me just going down myself. long sturdy pants and leather shoes were a must though.

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Honestly it's all up to the rider, but I do wonder if the people that wear helmets and at the same time are only wearing t-shirts/tank tops and shorts realize the next worst thing to smacking one's head is road rash????

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Do you wear ur seat belt all the time?
Absolutely. Why risk it? Because the seat belt is "uncomfortable"?

Concrete hurts no matter what u wear. It depends on how u crash n what gets crashed into u
I don't think the leathers and helmets have ever been claimed to make the hit on the pavement any less painful. It's going to hurt no matter what. It's whether or not your skin gets cheese-grated or your melon gets cracked open.

It's totally the bikers option. But I think the non-bikers (me) think it's crazy to ride without the protection since riding a bike is high risk.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
It's more a risk to ride in traffic w cars n trucks. People texting. Talkin on phones. Doing make up. Reading books. Not paying any attention. When I ride I am very focused and paying attention to everyone else.

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Reaction score
i don't wear a helmet when i ride..i don't like the restriction IMO..but that's just me..i'd rather face my maker than be retardly brain damaged for the rest of my life

Theautoguy

Reaction score
Why do some people not wear the proper safety protection when riding a bike?

Because Jesse White wants your organs!

F'n squids!

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Because then the chicks won't know how good you look when you ride by them. lol
I ride with a minimum of helmet, jacket and gloves EVERY time.
When I first started riding I thought wtf this helmet is restricting, i'm not going to wear it. It took friends dying or almost dying to realize how important it is.
I've seen people crash at 100+ mph and be able to get right back up without any injuries. Other people might crash at 25mph and hit their head and die.
Plus the helmet keeps rocks from hitting my face and bugs from splattering in my face too. I can remember one time when I was behind a dump truck filled with rocks and he hit a bump and the gate opened and a ton of rocks fell out and hit my face shield. Scratched the hell out of the shield but woulda done damage to my face.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
only reason i'm asking on a couple forums is because the 4th person i knew of passed away. no helmet, no gloves no nothing short of a hoody some jeans and normal gym shoes and his oakley sunglasses. he was doing stupid shit (as riski would say...act a fool and go :noes: )

natural selection indeed. the guy deserved it for being a fukkin moron but it still sucks for his family/kid/baby's momma

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
x2 with crunk here, i lump these same people into the ones that drink and drive (seperate issue of them endagering other lives on the road) but yea, the worst are when I see DADs running around with no equipment and they kids on the back no geared up... jesus

Hubbard 0

Reaction score
100% of the time, I wear a helmet and jeans. At the very least the jeans prevent me from burning my legs on the bike.

Almost always wear the gloves, unless I'm just kind of joy riding, soaking up sun. Glove tan lines suck.

Wear the jacket unless it's really hot or I'm soaking up sun.

otter1363

broke -
Reaction score
I lived in Philly and Seattle and rode for many years, always hating the helmet. Never thought twice about boots, gloves and jacket for some reason, felt natural to have them on. Moved here a few years back with no helmet law but strap that puppy on every time any way. I dono, it does feel better to ride without the skid lid but I have seen a couple wrecks and that keeps my hat on tight. If I died I wouldn't be able to drink, what a sin...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom