• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whose cai intake to use, let me know

ASAULTMECH

Regular
Jun 25, 2008
hi
i'm looking to upgrade the intake on my 03 cobra, its got a 2.8 pulley,tune and a kb intake dryer hose style now.
looking to upgrade. i'm going to be upgrading to a 2.3 whipple, 80lb injectors,fore hat w/ 2 gt pumps and duel fpdm wire upgrade,pulley, diabio maf extender and a tune.
like to know what your using and who did your tune, also did you use a chip, or and hand held tuner like sct,diablo.:biggthump

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
JLT makes the nicest looking cai's i've ever seen. On my previous mustangs I've put on MAC cai's and they have been great to me. I haven't personally seen MAC's kit for a terminator but I imagine they look as good as anything out there that's chromed.

I personally just have a K&N on the end of my mass air and called it a day with mine

To answer your last question, I'm running a preditor tuner and the one and only BOB KURGAN did my tune..

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
JLT makes the nicest looking cai's i've ever seen. On my previous mustangs I've put on MAC cai's and they have been great to me. I haven't personally seen MAC's kit for a terminator but I imagine they look as good as anything out there that's chromed.

I personally just have a K&N on the end of my mass air and called it a day with mine

To answer your last question, I'm running a preditor tuner and the one and only BOB KURGAN did my tune..

The JLT stuff is nice and makes great power, but their install instructions are garbage and the CAI that goes into the fenderwell needs to be installed from under the pass. front wheel well. Its a bitch to install the kit without damaging the filter or the intake pipe.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I've run a K&N FIPK setup with a 10 inch S&B filter for years with good success.

I personally don't like the fender mount style only because it's more prohibitive for changing/cleaning the filter and I like to do that fairly often. Doesn't mean the JLT isn't a nice setup, I just like the simple, underhood style myself.

Lots of good setups out there that likely work equally well.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
as far as the injectors, i can get the 80#ev6's for about the same as 60# ev6. my understanding is that going with the bigger ones won't hurt,theres more room to tune and not max out the injectors. 60 are good but 80's are better? does it hurt to go bigger?

80s are much more difficult to tune, so take that into consideration..

I dont know who you are buying your 60s or your 80s from, but i sell the 60s for considerably less and i charge less to tune them. Also, slashs car made 832rwhp through a t400 with 60s, so how much are you thinking you are going to make?

vadorsnake04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 24, 2006
80s are much more difficult to tune, so take that into consideration..

I dont know who you are buying your 60s or your 80s from, but i sell the 60s for considerably less and i charge less to tune them. Also, slashs car made 832rwhp through a t400 with 60s, so how much are you thinking you are going to make?

+111111 on 60's being plenty, bob tuned my car 715rwhp when i had twin turbo's, then this year he tuned my car to 753rwhp with a kb2.8H, they are plenty. I have no personal experience with the 80's, but i have heard many complaints about them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info