Whose cai intake to use, let me know

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
hi
i'm looking to upgrade the intake on my 03 cobra, its got a 2.8 pulley,tune and a kb intake dryer hose style now.
looking to upgrade. i'm going to be upgrading to a 2.3 whipple, 80lb injectors,fore hat w/ 2 gt pumps and duel fpdm wire upgrade,pulley, diabio maf extender and a tune.
like to know what your using and who did your tune, also did you use a chip, or and hand held tuner like sct,diablo.:biggthump

RAPER

Reaction score
JLT makes the nicest looking cai's i've ever seen. On my previous mustangs I've put on MAC cai's and they have been great to me. I haven't personally seen MAC's kit for a terminator but I imagine they look as good as anything out there that's chromed.

I personally just have a K&N on the end of my mass air and called it a day with mine

To answer your last question, I'm running a preditor tuner and the one and only BOB KURGAN did my tune..

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
JLT makes the nicest looking cai's i've ever seen. On my previous mustangs I've put on MAC cai's and they have been great to me. I haven't personally seen MAC's kit for a terminator but I imagine they look as good as anything out there that's chromed.

I personally just have a K&N on the end of my mass air and called it a day with mine

To answer your last question, I'm running a preditor tuner and the one and only BOB KURGAN did my tune..
The JLT stuff is nice and makes great power, but their install instructions are garbage and the CAI that goes into the fenderwell needs to be installed from under the pass. front wheel well. Its a bitch to install the kit without damaging the filter or the intake pipe.

OP
ASAULTMECH

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
great info please keep the info coming

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
I've run a K&N FIPK setup with a 10 inch S&B filter for years with good success.

I personally don't like the fender mount style only because it's more prohibitive for changing/cleaning the filter and I like to do that fairly often. Doesn't mean the JLT isn't a nice setup, I just like the simple, underhood style myself.

Lots of good setups out there that likely work equally well.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
no need for 80lbs injectors with that setup, i'd go with 60s... btw, i have the JLT RAI carbon fiber IN STOCK, the inj in stock, the mafia in stock, the tuner in stock and i can get the whipple... let me know if i can help.

OP
ASAULTMECH

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
as far as the injectors, i can get the 80#ev6's for about the same as 60# ev6. my understanding is that going with the bigger ones won't hurt,theres more room to tune and not max out the injectors. 60 are good but 80's are better? does it hurt to go bigger?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
as far as the injectors, i can get the 80#ev6's for about the same as 60# ev6. my understanding is that going with the bigger ones won't hurt,theres more room to tune and not max out the injectors. 60 are good but 80's are better? does it hurt to go bigger?
80s are much more difficult to tune, so take that into consideration..

I dont know who you are buying your 60s or your 80s from, but i sell the 60s for considerably less and i charge less to tune them. Also, slashs car made 832rwhp through a t400 with 60s, so how much are you thinking you are going to make?

OP
ASAULTMECH

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
definately not that much, sure would like to. looking for about 650rwhp.
how much for your 60lb injectors

1badass96gt

Reaction score
Everyone I know has liked their JLT and made good power with them.

Since 1964

Reaction score
JLT = PITA! Go with the K & N and be done with it, it's practical, and practical wins every time.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
definately not that much, sure would like to. looking for about 650rwhp.
how much for your 60lb injectors
email me and i will put together a quote for everything as a package... let me know everything you want..

vadorsnake04

Reaction score
80s are much more difficult to tune, so take that into consideration..

I dont know who you are buying your 60s or your 80s from, but i sell the 60s for considerably less and i charge less to tune them. Also, slashs car made 832rwhp through a t400 with 60s, so how much are you thinking you are going to make?
+111111 on 60's being plenty, bob tuned my car 715rwhp when i had twin turbo's, then this year he tuned my car to 753rwhp with a kb2.8H, they are plenty. I have no personal experience with the 80's, but i have heard many complaints about them.

vadorsnake04

Reaction score
JLT CAI = PITA..

JLT RAI = easy install and works great..

+1 I have ran both CAI and RAI on two different kenne bell setups, RAI is sooo much easier to install plus i think it looks nicer anyway.:biggthump

......man i have done entirely too many setups on my car lmao!:alcoholic...

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
JLT ram air intake and Kurgan tune... He sells them also so make sure you check with him for the best pricing around... I bought the carbon fiber one.. Great piece and flows great

OP
ASAULTMECH

ASAULTMECH

Reaction score
took a look at the JLT 110MM maf set up, what about using this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom