Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Papa John's

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
For this poll, we're only looking at the "Big 4". I know, based off of other pizza threads, that a lot of you prefer a local place to these chains. I wanna see what TCG's favorite chain pizza is. Try and base your vote only the pizza taste alone. What I mean is, don't include factors like price, customer service, ease of ordering, etc... when you vote. Just, who has the best tasting pizza? I know they have different crusts also, just pick your favorite (non-limited run) pizza from each place and compare them. Something that's always on the menu.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Yea, it's battle of the cheap pizza brands. God you fucks don't read/pay attention/listen ....

We ALL would rather our local go to place, this is simply a poll of the cheapo chain places...

giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Since we're talking these four, I have to say PH, but I'm biased, haven't had any of the other three in a few years. Last time I had LC and Dominoes I got sick, like within an hour I was wrecking a toilet.

Only reason I would go to PH these days is for the cheese stuffed crust. But you have to tell those wankers to not spray the pizza with the spray glazing. That's why their shit is shiny. Stop that and the pizza tastes better.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This!

My kids always want pizza slut or dominos and I argue for a comparable price, you can get REAL pizza.

Comparable price?

Phut- dinner box, large 2 topping, chicken Alfredo pasta, dessert, bread sticks. $20....

Any other place a large 2 topping pizza is $28....

I don't know what kinda shit math you're teaching your kid. :rolleyes:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Comparable price?

Phut- dinner box, large 2 topping, chicken Alfredo pasta, dessert, bread sticks. $20....

Any other place a large 2 topping pizza is $28....

I don't know what kinda shit math you're teaching your kid. :rolleyes:

At the place I work at, a large 2 topping pizza is $19.60 and then you can get a free 12" cheese pizza with it.

So you get two, much better pizzas for $20. We don't really do much of the other stuff.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I've eaten good pizza, but I'll absolutely fucks with cheap pizza. I'll eat PJ's, but it's hard to justify the price. LC's is the budget king though, stop in, a pizza and a couple crazy breads for $13. Can't beat it. Obviously, Rosati's, Lou's, among others are much better, but also much more expensive. If I'm REALLY going out of my way Pequod's, but closest is Morton Grove, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Papa John's is okay. It's the closest to a real pizza from a standalone pizza restaurant. LC tastes like a good frozen pizza, Domino's and Pizza Hut taste like straight up salt.

I too don't understand why anyone in the Chicago suburbs goes to these places. My ex GF used to always order Domino's when there was a Rosati's, Lou Malnati's, and a mom and pop pizza place within a mile.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Papa Johns has great sauce. LC just for the fact you can shove a whole pizza into your face for $5.

I too don't understand why anyone in the Chicago suburbs goes to these places. My ex GF used to always order Domino's when there was a Rosati's, Lou Malnati's, and a mom and pop pizza place within a mile.

Because you're spending $30 on a pizza or $5 on a pizza.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I think PJ has the best tasting pizzas (out of the choices) but you get way more for your money quantity-wise from some others on that list. The issue I have with Domino's has always been the cheese, it's almost powdery or something. The Pizza Hut by us doesn't like cooking stuff fully so we avoid it, but they've got some good deals and stuff worth getting besides pizza. Their breadsticks have always been one of my favorites though. LC is what they always served at sporting events in MI, was crappier than what you could get in a store, and cost $10/slice or whatever. So I still hold some butthurt resentment there. But damn you can get a lot of food for your $ with them.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Thread Info