3800 whos #1

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
its seems like when all the big dogs start to near deep 12s thats when the dream ends...

Tons of guys on this board have made it pretty damm fast but eventually you start to look at what you are spending and breaking and its not worth it anymore....

The guys in the 11s have companies, deep ass pockets or fully gutted cars.....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm taking the long way there, but mine will be 11's eventually...hopefully by next year.

As long as the track's prepped for race day, this thing will be 12.7's on my street tires. (got some flaky stuff sorted).

I've been in this car for 4 years, I don't intend to dump it anytime soon.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 13 2005, 10:46 AM
No they don't.  There are plenty in the 11's with shallow pockets and daily drivers.
[snapback]97679[/snapback]​

How many of the big dogs have you seen stop and get out of the game....afer a while you realize the boat loads of money it takes for our cars to run faster then 12.5s....etc....etc......

its fun, but pretty hard to do financially after that.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's really not... The more we advance the more we prove that wrong. This car hasn't come close to reaching it's "golden age". They keep getting faster and faster for cheaper and cheaper and now components are being made that can handle the power.

Look at the top 25 list... It's all 11's. A year ago it was mostly 12s. A year from now it will be mostly 10's.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 13 2005, 04:39 PM
It's really not... The more we advance the more we prove that wrong.  This car hasn't come close to reaching it's "golden age".  They keep getting faster and faster for cheaper and cheaper and now components are being made that can handle the power.

Look at the top 25 list...  It's all 11's.  A year ago it was mostly 12s.  A year from now it will be mostly 10's.
[snapback]97757[/snapback]​

if that ends up being true, i'll be sticking with the gtp for awhile.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
They spend boatloads of money cause they change setups. How many times has SC or Zooomer changed heads and cams?? It costs money. Plus usually people spend alot on appearance.

Sometimes the parts are fairly cheap (cam), but expensive to put in. Do your own labor and save money.

B

Brett Hamilton

yea, the top guys, (zoom, cook, tim, ed.. so on so on) are all doing different setups, and all sorts of new mods that they are doing R&D on, for us that are stuck behind a few years, we can get going quick for cheaper than the original guys did,, of course, it's still not cheap,, it's never going to be a 200 dollar mod to get into 10.5.. but.. yea know.. it's gettin cheaper,, thanks to the big guys

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
well, the m90 deffinetly sucks as a power adder.......I wish the trubo was around back in my prime.....anyway....

Still, were fighting against a lot of weight, aerodynamics, FWD, non efficient m90, and not one comapany that can make a LSD for us....Yes, I know that there have been tons of advancements in the last few years and the will continue to happen. It will be fun to watch.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was in this game at once and i know it is fun to do and now that my car is basicaly stock, its sucks........... im going for mpg with the GTP but my suspension and braking is about as top notch as you can get in a GTP so its still fun taking corners fast.

Tell you the truth, with the extra wide tires and light weight springs the TA doesnt handle as well in corners as my GTP does.......but it all goes hand in hand.......TAs more straight line acceleration for me. If I ever change the springs, the ta will get the 300lbs instead of the 275s...I dont really care if I loose a tenth when I make it out to the track twice a summer.

It is fun feeling and watching the car squat though! :D

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Sep 14 2005, 10:42 PM
well, the m90 deffinetly sucks as a power adder.......I wish the trubo was around back in my prime.....anyway....

Still, were fighting against a lot of weight, aerodynamics, FWD, non efficient m90,  and not one comapany that can make a LSD for us....Yes, I know that there have been tons of advancements in the last few years and the will continue to happen.  It will be fun to watch.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was in this game at once and i know it is fun to do and now that my car is basicaly stock, its sucks........... im going for mpg with the GTP but my suspension and braking is about as top notch as you can get in a GTP so its still fun taking corners fast.

Tell you the truth, with the extra wide tires and light weight springs the TA doesnt handle as well in corners as my GTP does.......but it all goes hand in hand.......TAs more straight line acceleration for me.  If I ever change the springs, the ta will get the 300lbs instead of the 275s...I dont really care if I loose a tenth when I make it out to the track twice a summer.

[snapback]98009[/snapback]​
if our cars sux so bad, why are you even here anymore? why dont you go "tell" the ls1 crowd all your wisdumb. :rolleyes:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 15 2005, 04:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP
@Sep 14 2005, 10:42 PM

Still, were fighting against a lot of weight, aerodynamics, FWD, non efficient m90,  and not one comapany that can make a LSD for us....Yes, I know that there have been tons of advancements in the last few years and the will continue to happen.  It will be fun to watch.

Tell you the truth, with the extra wide tires and light weight springs the TA doesnt handle as well in corners as my GTP does.......but it all goes hand in hand.......TAs more straight line acceleration for me.  If I ever change the springs, the ta will get the 300lbs instead of the 275s...I dont really care if I loose a tenth when I make it out to the track twice a summer.

if our cars sux so bad, why are you even here anymore? why dont you go "tell" the ls1 crowd all your wisdumb. :rolleyes:
[snapback]98026[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lolsign:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

[/b]

:lolsign:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

[/b]

Here we go again.......and the band wagon follows.... :rolleyes:

I didnt say our cars suck first of all...

Second, JO, your nice to people one day and flip off the next at the same person. Make up your mind and quit being two faced about stuff.......

Must be the weed talking though....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Sep 15 2005, 01:46 PM-->
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Sep 15 2005, 04:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

It is fun feeling and watching the car squat though!

if our cars sux so bad, why are you even here anymore? why dont you go "tell" the ls1 crowd all your wisdumb.

Here we go again.......and the band wagon follows....

Second, JO, your nice to people one day and flip off the next at the same person. Make up your mind and quit being two faced about stuff.......

[snapback]98050[/snapback]​
[/b]

Im sure he was just fine when he posted that. And BTW, I was going to say something. J/O beat me to the punch. So you can take your band wagon comment and stick in your ass.

People are TIRED of you talking. LS1 bla bla bla. My GTP sucks. They are a waste of money. My LS1 bla bla bla. We all KNOW that LS1s are fast. You dont need to remind us EVERY TIME YOU FUCKING POST!!!

Does this sound familiar?? "we (ILGPC) dont deal with pre 97s!!!!!!! " It should. You said it to our admin. Good way to show ignorance. How DARE someone ask a GP question on a GP forum. :rolleyes:

Well, Im telling you now. we (ILGPC) dont deal with LS1s!!!!!!! . This is ILGPC. If you wanna talk about your GTP, go ahead. Since you never do unless your talking about how shitty it is, then go away. Im sick and tired of your ignorance.

why does everyone hate on people that have different cars? when i first came here I caught so much heat for having an ls1 until people actually realized i had a GTP also.

Not alot of people hate people with other cars. We have a problem with "people" sprouting that GPs are a waste of money and how LS1s are godly.

I dont hate everyone that owns a different car. Ive yet to meet you, but you seem pretty cool. Horist is kick ass, when he comes out. B) MrT is ok. :p Denise and adam suck ehh?? :lolsign: But at least they own a GM. :p

if our cars sux so bad, why are you even here anymore?  why dont you go "tell" the ls1 crowd all your wisdumb. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fish@Sep 15 2005, 09:16 PM
Im sure he was just fine when he posted that. And BTW, I was going to say something. J/O beat me to the punch. So you can take your band wagon comment and stick in your ass.

People are TIRED of you talking. LS1 bla bla bla. My GTP sucks. They are a waste of money. My LS1 bla bla bla. We all KNOW that LS1s are fast. You dont need to remind us EVERY TIME YOU FUCKING POST!!!

Does this sound familiar?? "we (ILGPC) dont deal with pre 97s!!!!!!! " It should. You said it to our admin. Good way to show ignorance. How DARE someone ask a GP question on a GP forum.  :rolleyes: 

Well, Im telling you now. we (ILGPC) dont deal with LS1s!!!!!!! . This is ILGPC. If you wanna talk about your GTP, go ahead. Since you never do unless your talking about how shitty it is, then go away. Im sick and tired of your ignorance.

AMEN

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Sep 15 2005, 01:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RoyalGTP

if our cars sux so bad, why are you even here anymore? why dont you go "tell" the ls1 crowd all your wisdumb.

Here we go again.......and the band wagon follows.... :rolleyes:

[snapback]98050[/snapback]​
[/b]
know what you are talking about, and stop the sht talking, and you MIGHT get some respect, your last comments are from a spoiled brat.

if you dont like the way "I" am tuff shit buddy.

Ive "tried" to help you out, and ive always got it thrown back in my face with smart ass comments, you think "I'll'' help you anymore...fuck off pal

I didnt know 2 faced means I have to go along with things all the time. I love to buck the trend, live with it or take off.

:smokepoke: :thanks: :jerkoff:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info