3800 whoosh whoosh and a big pop

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ok my car made this horrible , whipping noise twice then made a loud polike brown paper bag going off under my hood, i pulled over immeditly and saw the hose going from the bypass actuater(that round cylinder thing, popped off and the hose was still attached to thethe splitter device on top of the blower(peice with three hoses coming off of it. i put this hose back on but and everything is fine still pulls just as hard and still goes to 11.5 pounds of boost on the 3.25 . No problems since and ive gotton on it to test this and nothing

what would of caused this

the noise it made before it popped was the same sound a blow off valve makes on aturbo if its at 0 vac and 0 boost and it releses pressure and theres not enough force to make a swoosh sound, so it kind of farts and whipples,bad descripion i know. but if anyone know anything please tell me

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Originally posted by sinr247@Sep 9 2005, 07:36 PM
ok my car made this horrible , whipping noise twice then made a loud polike brown paper bag going off under my hood, i pulled over immeditly and saw the hose going from the bypass actuater(that round cylinder thing, popped off and the hose was still attached to thethe splitter device on top of the blower(peice with three hoses coming off of it. i put this hose back on but and everything is fine still pulls just as hard and still goes to 11.5 pounds of boost on the 3.25 . No problems since and ive gotton on it to test this and nothing

the noise it made before it popped was the same sound a blow off valve makes on aturbo if its at 0 vac and 0 boost and it releses pressure and theres not enough force to make a swoosh sound, so it kind of farts and whipples,bad descripion i know.  but if anyone know anything please tell me
[snapback]97414[/snapback]​

Glad the car is ok as for your question your guess is as good as mine.

Leo

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST+Sep 10 2005, 01:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sinr247
@Sep 9 2005, 07:36 PM

the noise it made before it popped was the same sound a blow off valve makes on aturbo if its at 0 vac and 0 boost and it releses pressure and theres not enough force to make a swoosh sound, so it kind of farts and whipples,bad descripion i know.  but if anyone know anything please tell me
[snapback]97414[/snapback]​

Glad the car is ok as for your question your guess is as good as mine.

Leo
[snapback]97447[/snapback]​
[/b]
someones gotta know, no mechanic knows what that is from telling him the prob

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Sep 10 2005, 03:34 PM
Bob, I remember reading about someone having this "problem" or happen to them on ClubGP, might wanna try a search over there, though I wouldnt know what you'd type in search..
[snapback]97464[/snapback]​
ill try that i figured some one in the clubwould have heard somthing about this, o and saturdaygs do u still want to meet about that airbox

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list