Who works on home AC?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It reaches temp, everything seems to work well enough. AC might be running a lot but that might just be my imagination as it has barely been on this year and I don't yet have a good measure of what is normal.

We get a mean afternoon sun that heats our house up really bad...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Electrically, residential air conditioning is an extremely simple control system. When your thermostat calls for cooling, it closes contacts to the compressor contractor coil and indoor fan relay coil. Thats it.

My guess is your thermostat if you are actually having a problem. I don't think anything is wrong though. Your evaporator would be a solid block of ice if its running for an extremely long time without the fan on. If that was happening your house wouldn't be making temperature either. because there would be no airflow.

sleep on it, see if its still doing the same thing tomorrow when it cools off with this rain.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I always go internet (google search) before I start asking people I know. Usually if you had the problem, I'm sure someone else has too, and they posted it somewhere. I had a problem with my dryer and boom, after joining a forum this God like person came from the heavens and suggested the problem I had WITH the links to the parts and a "how to" video to fix it. Spend $25 and 10 min of my time and had a perfectly good dryer. That guy is my hero.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info