3800 Who wants powdercoating?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Anyone here interested in having some parts powdercoated? I can have any part done in nearly any color you want. I just had a blower case, novi2k, and a few other parts powdercoated for a customer and they came out great. Let me know what you want done and I will get you pricing. Turn around time is usually 1 day. I will get some pictures up of the blower I got done today.

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Sep 19 2006, 08:29 PM
Anyone here interested in having some parts powdercoated? I can have any part done in nearly any color you want. I just had a blower case, novi2k, and a few other parts powdercoated for a customer and they came out great. Let me know what you want done and I will get you pricing. Turn around time is usually 1 day. I will get some pictures up of the blower I got done today.
[snapback]139968[/snapback]​

whats the going price on pc wheels?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Sep 19 2006, 09:48 PM
I would probably want to do something like
-Dog bones
-Mounts
-Strut tower brace
-Radiator braces

Thats all I can think of right now.. Not 100% sure I want anything powder coated for this car though.
[snapback]139975[/snapback]​
want to see the parts I just picked up in Oak Lawn? too sweet!! :D no need to travel so far or ship either. ;)

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 20 2006, 02:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysGS
@Sep 19 2006, 09:48 PM
I would probably want to do something like
-Dog bones
-Mounts
-Strut tower brace
-Radiator braces

Thats all I can think of right now.. Not 100% sure I want anything powder coated for this car though.
[snapback]139975[/snapback]​
want to see the parts I just picked up in Oak Lawn? too sweet!! :D no need to travel so far or ship either. ;)
[snapback]140029[/snapback]​
[/b]

Sure! You know I read your one post (somewhere..?) and saw "Oak Lawn" and thought nothing of it.. 10 minute drive (if I hit all the reds) for me!

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 21 2006, 03:16 AM-->
PRICE

ON

TOG

HEADERS

AND

CROSS OVER

???????????
[snapback]140168[/snapback]​
[/b]
$125

<!--QuoteBegin-emersonhart13
@Sep 21 2006, 07:27 AM
Steve can you break down the tire wheel combo and put it back together for me as well? Included or extra?

Thanks,

John
[snapback]140169[/snapback]​
Yeah, we can. I would have to check on the cost though, it would just be whatever the tire place charges to do it.

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by emersonhart13@Sep 21 2006, 08:59 AM
And finally, (Yes I always have a lot of questions) Is minor curb rash a problem?

Thanks,

John
[snapback]140176[/snapback]​
Usually slight curb rash isnt an issue...they should be able to grind/sand it out. then PC it. If its really deep then you might be stuck with a few blemeshes in the PC finish.

Although thats from my own experiance. Ill let Steve answer your question so you can be sure.

Ohh and Steve you never answered my question...Can they do chrome PC?? I think there is a different procedure for it from what I was told, like they need to be baked in a hotter oven, as well as getting the chrome powder. LMK if they can do that I might pull a peice off the car to have done as a test and if it works out good Ill have lots of parts from the mustang to get done.

thanks

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I would not mind doing a bit of prep work to smooth it up some. I know some Powder Coaters are super picky and add extra charges for any prep work including minor stuff. I would assume they would do any finish work, but not filling gouges or something of that nature.

John

I

imported_GraFFix

TOMO!! Answer my question!! :p

Can they do Chrome?? Actually its called "Reflective Chrome" I dont think its a matter of can they do it but do they have the powder to do it? I know some places like to stick to basic colors.

Like I said if they can do the chrome, Ill give you a piece to do and depending how that coms out Ill have a bunch more to get done over the winter. Most of the pieces are going to be small.

If not then im just going to buy a powder coating kit and bake that shit in my oven...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info