3800 Who wants powdercoating?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 27 2006, 10:36 AM
TOMO!! Answer my question!!  :p

Can they do Chrome?? Actually its called "Reflective Chrome" I dont think its a matter of can they do it but do they have the powder to do it? I know some places like to stick to basic colors.

Like I said if they can do the chrome, Ill give you a piece to do and depending how that coms out Ill have a bunch more to get done over the winter. Most of the pieces are going to be small.

If not then im just going to buy a powder coating kit and bake that shit in my oven...lol
[snapback]140815[/snapback]​
Yeah, we can do colors like that. I am trying to gather up a bunch of color/finish samples now to post pictures of.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
im watching truck universe and they Just powder coated some rims. looked real good. the rims had curb rash , which dude fixed before PC. they also put clear over the white. 375 for 20 minutes.

wonder why my 5 pieces took a week? busy? 3 pulleys, thermo housing, drivers side upper motor mount bracket that dog bone attaches to.
the length of time does Not reflect Steve, I had mine done on my own.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Sep 27 2006, 02:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Sep 27 2006, 11:05 AM
why wouldnt you jet coat, not powdercoat for the money and heat control
[snapback]140821[/snapback]​
same thing, right? Mike? :blink: hmmmm
[snapback]140833[/snapback]​
[/b]
jet coating is for controling heat, like ceramic coating used for headers
so for exhaust stuff like PEMS and headers powdercoating wouldnt make the best choice
powdercoating is for looks, most people cant paint very well and dont like the way spraypaint looks.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Powdercoating is for looks but mostly for durability. It is much more resistant to chipping than paint is and provides a much better overall finish. I wouldn't powdercoat a set of headers when you can ceramic coat them for slightly more money and 10x the benefit.

*One idiot's $0.02"

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Here is a pic of a set of wheels we had done for a customer's GTO.
GTO1.gif

Our Trans Am with black powdercoated Weld ProStars.
outlaw2.gif

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by jj91284@Oct 1 2006, 08:39 PM
I believe the valve covers would melt since you have to bake the metal parts to like 450 or so degrees
[snapback]141272[/snapback]​
That is what I thought too. Until I was looking at some color samples at the powdercoater last week. I wanted him to show me a black chrome sample and he said he had it on a set of valve covers he did for someone months ago that they never picked up. He brought it out and it was an L67 valve cover. So it is safe to say that they can definately be powdercoated, it just requires a slightly different process. $50 per set of valve covers.

May 24, 2007
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Oct 3 2006, 01:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jj91284
@Oct 1 2006, 08:39 PM
I believe the valve covers would melt since you have to bake the metal parts to like 450 or so degrees
[snapback]141272[/snapback]​
That is what I thought too. Until I was looking at some color samples at the powdercoater last week. I wanted him to show me a black chrome sample and he said he had it on a set of valve covers he did for someone months ago that they never picked up. He brought it out and it was an L67 valve cover. So it is safe to say that they can definately be powdercoated, it just requires a slightly different process. $50 per set of valve covers.
[snapback]141454[/snapback]​
[/b]
so if i get you 2 honda valve covers will it be $50 or will it be more?

03turbogt

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
[/b][/quote]

Those were mine and they turnned out great that guy did mine for free because my dad got a lot of stuff for his chopper powdercoated there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info