• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Who tunes turbo BMWs in the area?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
There used to be multiple companies but now the majority of the market is cornered by Burger Motorsports. I would use them just on the basis that they provide continued support for their products, and they are also ridiculously cost effective.

The other company that comes to mind is Procede who's also been in the game awhile.

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'd say look into a JB4 piggyback and MHD backend flash. That seems to be the best package for flex fuel cars. If you are running straight e85 you may want to look into a couple of fueling modifications although I will say a full bolt on car, stock turbo's, e85/93 mix, jb4+backend flash is a great combination that won't break the bank. If you are looking at doing upgraded turbo's, then I'd say look into fueling mods. If the turbo's remain stock, then you really don't need to run higher ethanol and have a fueling system in place.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
I only want manual trans cars. auto is not the same. My manual valvebody auto in the Camaro isn't even fun and you have to shift that. Its just not the same. If I have to I will put upgraded hydraulics in it and a performance clutch. I want to be able to powershift it and not have any worries. The car will get street raced and I wont be gentle on the shifts lol.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
Sounds like the JB4 is the only way to go. I'm getting excited. Now time to start the search for a blue RWD coupe! This is the color I want. seems hard to find.

23wprah.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I only want manual trans cars. auto is not the same. My manual valvebody auto in the Camaro isn't even fun and you have to shift that. Its just not the same. If I have to I will put upgraded hydraulics in it and a performance clutch. I want to be able to powershift it and not have any worries. The car will get street raced and I wont be gentle on the shifts lol.

Just for shits and giggles go drive a sport auto car. I felt the same way until I swapped my manual 550i for a sport auto 535i. The SAT transmission is faster in every way, blips the throttle on downshifts, shifts lightning fast, allows you to bounce the engine off the rev limiter if you want and and it's faster too.

I know a lot of people love manual transmissions because they want to feel engaged in the driving experience. If that's you, I get it. Just understand that to be as fast as a slush box you're going to need to beat the snot out of the car to keep boost up during shifts and you're going to go through clutches semi-regularly.

I mean, it's still going to be plenty fast and if you're not drag racing it doesn't much matter. For me the SAT was just so good that I felt like I got 90% of the enjoyment of a manual transmission with none of the sacrifices. But that's just me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info