mEPW6tv.jpg

GTFO, Batman tattoo for real?
Man, now I really like you

:jg:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The advances in fight choreography, equipment to allow different ways of filming, filming techniques, costume materials (Keaton could hardly move in his costume), CGI, and a lot more about film making have allowed actors to offer up better fight scenes than years before.

Film writers also incorporate a lot more into their scrips than years ago. The amount of money studios offer up to filmmakers is WAY higher. All this just allows action films are just better. Yes, good direction, acting, editing, and more still has to be there for the final product. But we, as viewers, expect a lot more now.

I like the Keaton Batman. I should probably watch it again to see how it has stood up over time. But Bale is hard to be. Voice aside. But I get what he/they were trying to do there. Bane's muffled voice annoys me way worse. hahaha

Reactions: NOMIEZVR4

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I never had an issue hearing Bane or understanding what he said...which says a lot, because my hearing sucks.

I know a lot of theaters apparently fucked up the audio (or thats at least what Nolan and crew said) which is why he was hard to understand in the theatrical run....or it was something like that.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I never had an issue hearing Bane or understanding what he said...which says a lot, because my hearing sucks.

I know a lot of theaters apparently fucked up the audio (or thats at least what Nolan and crew said) which is why he was hard to understand in the theatrical run....or it was something like that.

I know they re-did some of his voice overs and/or scenes. Early on videos out it was brutal how bad it was. No reason for that now. But it wasn't that upsetting. But neither was Bale's Batman voice. Or at least I was accepting of why he was doing it. I mean it didn't have the same effect that Fran Drescher's voice has. That's for sure. hahaha

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
It's Keaton and bale. The 89 and begins movies are so different from each other its almost apples to oranges. Both the actors are good for different reasons too. I guess I just like the 89 Batman character more. His car has more style, he doesn't give a shit about killing bad guys that try to fuck with him, and he gets with Kim Basinger at the end.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This is a loaded question IMO.

I could say Bale just because he is an amazing actor, had the right team making arguably the best Batman movies, and was a good all around portrayal of the character of Batman. (Im not leaving Bruce Wayne out of it. He is Batman)

Keaton doesnt have the flashy fights, but if we are going to base how good a movie or series is based on fights, then the Star Wars prequels are superior since they have better fights than the original trilogy. He was a good menacing Batman, and had command of the audience IMO when he was on screen.

Conroy IS the voice of Batman. Not Bale, not Keaton. Conroy is. TAS and the Arkham game series has some of the best Batman dialogue for a non comic Batman. So its hard to discount Conroy.

I am not voting since I cant decide, but I do appreciate all of the Batman actors. Except Clooney. He was a straight hot pick in a straight hot garbage movie. :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I will say that Bale vs Keaton is the fight of the year on this one. I lean Keaton personally but I'm willing to believe that is part generational. That said I've never seen The Dark Knight which I'm flat out ashamed to admit. Having seen Batman Begins I am willing to call him a good Batman however I would be willing to argue that his rep in TDK is boosted by Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker. I've seen bits and pieces and although Nicholson is an excellent Joker Ledger takes it to another level. Both are sociopathic in their own right in the role. Both are excellent but I lean more towards the Tim Burton Batman.

Clooney had a Tequilla company he bought and then sold for something like $900M. My theory is he was using Tequilla to drown away the sorrow of making Batman and Robin.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Bale sucks.

I did not read the the post and blindly chose Keaton. If I read that it just the Batman portrayal and not Bruce Wayne, Affleck hands down. He is the closest comic book portrayal of Batman on the big screen ever. Bale as a good Batman??? Please.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Christian Bale

I simply can’t separate the Bruce Wayne/ Batman portrayal as I believe it’s integral to the character.

Bale is just so solid in both roles, especially his truly eccentric Bruce Wayne. I won’t begrudge anyone choosing Keaton as he also does the role justice.

Fun awesome fact- In the Nolan trilogy, Bale’s Bruce Wayne wears a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande watch (I believe it’s a Grande Taille edition). For those that know watches it really is the Batman of fine timepieces. Such a great detail which (as a JLC Reverso owner myself) may or may not have influenced my decision.

dfJsuZY.jpg

Thread Info