Who is everyone's "go to" company for fuel hose and fittings?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Going to be shopping soon for fuel hose to run on the car, and wanted to see if anyone had any brands they liked or didnt like?

I currently have an Aeromotive Stealth tank setup with the 03-04 Cobra A1000 pump in it and one of their FPR's, and was going to be running their fuel filter as well.

One of my next purchases is going to be the hose and all the fittings though and was curious what some of you have used with success.

The only "must haves" are:
  • The lines will be -08 in size (both feed and return)
  • The lines must be black
  • The lines must be e85 compatible

Is anyone using PTFE lines? Is that necessary with e85 or are there other options that might be better suited for my build?

Anyone with a Coyote have fuel rail recommendations, or will the stock rail setup be good for a NA build for the time being?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

I can certainly check if you have someone in mind tho. I'm not familiar with this subject matter.

Reactions: FESTER665

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Is PTFE the recommended hose to use for e85 stuff? Some of it is crazy expensive but if that's whats needed, then I'll go with it.
The big plus is less permeability than rubber lines and compatible with E100/Methanol. There are plenty of rubber lines that are compatible with E85 but I would honestly flush them out with gas when storing over winter. I am only using about 4 feet total between bulkhead/engine as the rest of my system is hard stainless steel lines because I am a glutton for punishment.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Also to answer your question, PTFE is E85 friendly. The other pro is that you won't get any fuel odor permeating like you may with standard rubber hose lining. Even if you just use regular 93 octane, the PTFE hoses will last longer. Rubber linings eventually break down.

So buy once cry once and go with the PTFE from the start. (y)

Reactions: LikeABauce302

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Anyone heard of these guys before?

Their prices are a ton cheaper and appears to have a ton of great reviews? :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info